cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the perception of ASUS graphics card in your eyes

Mason
Level 10
Hello to everyone in the ROG community out there. Thanks for checking out my post and sharing your thoughts. The reason for this post is because ASUS branded graphics cards have recently become the #1 graphics cards on the market so I want to follow that up with a poll to see what you all think. As many of you are system builders/upgraders (I think that's a word), you represent a major group of our intended market and your input will be invaluable.

Being that this is a GeForce sub-forum, this poll will give us an idea as to what you think about our NVIDIA graphics cards compared to other vendors' NVIDIA cards. For the poll, choose the option for the vendor you think makes the best NVIDIA graphics card and then list who you think is 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th in a post. Aside from ranking your top NVIDIA card vendors, any other thoughts, comments, things you would like to see are of course more than welcome! 🙂

Thanks for voting!
47 REPLIES 47

Area_66
Level 11
first one who vote, easy to know my choice, lol

I'm member of the eggxpert forum, and I must say that everytime someone ask for a GTX 260 and more GPU, I suggest a ENGTX , I post a lot of mine install in my builds, I give them always the same argument, "Best cooling of the industry" Those coolers are amazing, you can let them on auto setting in Smart Doctor and they do the job.

But I think Asus should work to offer the ENGTX 3 slots also in 2 slots versions, as it's DAM hard, if not imposible to SLI 2 x tripple on many boards , they actually take a little bit than 3 slots. So at least they should make them a little bit thiner to fit 3 slots.

I'm pretty sure you miss a lot of sales for the one who SLI, you have the best cooler, but EVGA is well know for their good customer serivce and their upgrade program, MSI is quite popular too, they offer the 570 and 580 in double slot

So if you ask me, for a GTX 580; if I want Single, no question ask, ASUS
if I want SLI on air, MSI
if I want SLI on water , EVGA , we know they will not make trouble to RMA a GPU even if we use an Water block or after market cooler. we simply revert to the original before RMA. Their life time waranty on the AR series is quite atracting for peoples too

xeromist
I think you'll get a bit skewed results since being ASUS owners is probably what brought people here but the comments should be interesting.

Personally I do think ASUS cards are best but EVGA is a very close 2nd. I'm not a big fan of their warranty fine print for starters.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I voted ASUS , I love the look and the numbers the 580 Matrix puts out ........................... if I could only buy one in the UK 😞

They are all good brands my last brand I had was the Palit GTS 250 and it was a very good decent card. Then I upgraded to the GTX 460 SE and the brand is GALAXY and many people doesn't like that brand but to me it's a very good brand. I already overclock the GTX 460 SE to 850mhz\1700\1950 and I set the voltage to 1.037v (I set the fan speed to 70). I have no issues what so ever with this great card. The disappointing bit is I should bought a GTX 460 with 336 cores so I can get more performance.

There was no GALAXY in that poll but my second choice was MSI because they provide better GPU fans.

/edit I do have an ASUS motherboard and I have no issues with Asus motherboards. I use to be a fan of GIGABYTE but their products always fail I use to have a GIGAYBYTE motherboard it goes DOA for a few months and decided to go with ASUS :).
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00
Been building PC's for 8 Years! 😉

xeromist wrote:
I think you'll get a bit skewed results since being ASUS owners is probably what brought people here but the comments should be interesting.

Personally I do think ASUS cards are best but EVGA is a very close 2nd. I'm not a big fan of their warranty fine print for starters.

I agree with what xeromist said here.

Performance and compatibility is what I think your target market segment want and ASUS has all of this, markets them effectively and has a personable and excellent spokesperson (J.J.).

I don't have a lot of experience with multiple products, but have owned both ATI and nVidia items and know how to research and compare a prospective purchase.

I suspected once that a reference card might have superior compatibility, but now I simply think they have a baseline of performance, and that other vendor's cards have a performance advantage in some way. I chose a Direct CU II because I intend to get a Gene-Z/GEN3 soon, but a similar EVGA card was on my short list.

EVGA might have a slight value edge to their cards, and they are at least as well marketed as ASUS's. The Republic of Gamers product line gives ASUS the edge over EVGA, in my view.
A Republic of Gamers heart.

The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.

cravinmild
Level 11
Ive owned a fantastic zotac 560ti, a wonderfull 280 gtx from gigabyte, another mindblowing 8800gts from bfg a few ati cards and the last was an Asus Matrix Platinum. Of all the cards the 8800 was the most noticable upgrade id ever had, the zotac oc like a mofo and never had a single issue but the Matrix .... oh mama, what a card. Evga ive never owned but ive heard is the cream of the crop with upgrade program and the best customer service. Zotac are having issue all over the place right now, just read their forums, to bad as i like their cards. Gigabyte does not seem bad but in the same way i dont really feel anything for them either way. MSI brings to mind a killer solid card but other than that meh.

I picked Asus because the Matrix is the best card ive owned. I love the custom pcb and to me asus does things to their stuff that no other company offers. If im looking for a oc beast ill buy asus products. On the flip side ive hear that asus customer service licks donkey balls .... or worse. Ive not had to deal with any issues with my only asus product but i hope from what ive heard i never will. I will be buying my next mobo from asus, the sexiest stuff is made by asus ROG.

Mason
Level 10
Awesome feedback so far guys and very valid points! Bear in mind that EVGA's lifetime warranty is now only offered on certain products and that's if you register the card within the first 30 days. In reality, lifetime support is not feasible for any vendor and we've seen other vendors have to revert from lifetime warranty policies as well.

Regarding the dual slot/triple slot issue, we made that decision based on feedback we've received and on other data such as 80% of users only use a single GPU. Also, those who do go for SLI will likely be the type to also spend for a motherboard with more slots/real estate. Close to 5% of users use 3-way multi-GPU and sub-1% of users go for 4-way.

The important thing is that we make decisions based on feedback and the feedback that I'm getting from you now will most definitely be counted. Thanks again for your feedback.

xeromist
Yeah, I don't need a lifetime warranty but I'd at least like it to be transferable if I sell the item.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

cravinmild
Level 11
Id like upgradable plug in ram. Then ill have a 8 gig gpu...... gathered over time, as i can afford it. WOOT for upgradable ram