Unhappy Unable to Bypass Battery Warning While Updating BIOS ROG G751JT - solved

Hello all!

I have a 4+ year old veteran here, however the laptop still has above average performance, although it's a 2014 model:

ASUS ROG G751JT
    Intel Core i7-4720HQ
    16 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970m
    120 GB SATA SSD
    1 TB HDD

I have made a research on compatibility with NVME SSDs, and I have opened my laptop to confirm that I have the required PCIe slot (from what I know some G751s do not come with PCIe), and I do!

So far so good, however I have never flashed the BIOS, so it's currently with the version the laptop was shipped with - 210. To support NVME SSD, the BIOS needs to be updated to 211 and above.

I have tried to upgrade it with WinFlash, downloaded from ASUS (tried both 211 and latest 213) and through the embedded in the BIOS EasyFlash with no luck. As my battery is dead (0% not erroring, not charging) the update wouldn't go through.

According to my research, once I see the blue screen alert, advising the update would not continue due to the battery level being below 20%, I need to type "risky" using my keyboard. I saw videos of it working, on all sorts of ASUS laptops (ROG and non-gaming), however there's no reaction in my case whatsoever.
    I have tried to reset the BIOS to default settings, multiple restarts, etc., however the situation remains the same. As instructed I put the BIOS files in a FAT32 formatted flashdrive.

Would anyone know another way to bypass the error?

I hope I provided all details needed.

If you're reading this - thank you for getting to the bottom to this awfully long thread, concerning just a stupid battery error. Any input is greatly appreciated!!!
    Last edited by dyduty; 01-11-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Resolved

I was able to flash the BIOS of my G751JT by simply disconnecting the battery without removing it. The warning seems to be not applicable for missing batteries.

ROG Member Array GianDelR PC Specs
    GianDelR PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G751JT
    MotherboardG751JT

Can you please elaborate a bit more?

Quote Originally Posted by dyduty View Post
    I was able to flash the BIOS of my G751JT by simply disconnecting the battery without removing it. The warning seems to be not applicable for missing batteries.
    Can you please elaborate a bit more? Do I have to open the computer and physically "unplug" the battery?

ROG Member Array

i need help with this as well :/

Moderator Array

Hello GianDelR & Jin1337,
    May I know which model do you have and what kind of issue did you encountered?
    Your battery are dead and can not be charged anymore?
    Thank you.

ROG Junior Member Array

Hello,
    I have the same problem as well. I cant flash my BIOS due to the dead battery(can't be charged), I have tried the Easy Flash method and type "risky" and it doesn't work on me, I have the same model (Asus ROG G751JT).

Thanks,
    Alain
    Last edited by alain1022; 10-15-2020 at 05:14 PM.

Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by alain1022 View Post
    Hello,
    I have the same problem as well. I cant flash my BIOS due to the dead battery(can't be charged), I have tried the Easy Flash method and type "risky" and it doesn't work on me, I have the same model (Asus ROG G751JT).

Thanks,
    Alain
    Hello Alain,
    Please send your device to service center .
    Thank you.