cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Keyboard Hotkeys

ishuxbox
Level 7
The keyboard hotkeys app from the store is not working on my laptop. I want to toggle the fn keys and special keys. I can't seem to find the problem.
The settings is not present in the Myasus app as well. I only have charge settings in the hardware tab of myasus.
Please help.
My laptop is Asus ROG Zephyrus GU502GV.
15 REPLIES 15

Tom_Tromboni
Level 8
Have you installed ASUS System Control Interface V2?
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/DriverforWin10/ASUSSystemControlInterfaceV2/ASUSSystemCo...
Important forArmory Crate Service
Please install ASUS Keyboard hotkeys UAP / Driver first or MyASUS 2.0 ASUS System Control Interface V2 to ensure all keyboard functions are working properly.

Armory Crate Service:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GU502DU/ArmouryCrateService_W10_64_V258.zip?_ga=2.219313...
|

Best regards TOM

I think i had those, cause when i did what you asked me to, nothing has changes except the charging control on myasus has gone and hasn't come after many restarts.

Tom_Tromboni
Level 8
What did you install in which*sequence?
*Have you also removed old software?

I installed them by the order you've mentioned in the reply. I didn't install armoury crate service as I had it already. I was confused about the 1st one so installed it. And then the hotkeys one. Btw when i installed them, nothing happens, a command window pops up for the ASUS System Control Interface V2 one and then closes, and the hotkeys one just asks, and when i click on yes, nothing happens. No pop up asking for restart, nothing at all.

Also, I can't find the old software to remove except the armoury crate service. Can't seem to find where the drivers are and how to remove them.

Tom_Tromboni
Level 8
You can not only search installed software alphabetically but also by the date of installation

here is the list, the ATK package i got from some random website as it wasn't in the asus drivers site.
the asus hotkeys app is useless, it just shows that its running in the background.
Can't access any hardware settings in my asus app.

Tom_Tromboni
Level 8
why can't you find the software to uninstall?
It's in front of you. In the menu that you sent you can also uninstall the software
you have also installed 2 keyboard software.
ATK software is for the older notebook like my GL753

I did uninstall them all and reinstalled. I installed it cause i couldn't find anything else. The asus keyboard hotkeys app is useless, it doesn't allow me to change anything. Just shows that its running in the background, thats it. Also, i got the charging hardware setting to reappear on myasus. But there's that. I don't have any other setting for the keyboard. All i want to do is toggle the function keys like it says in this link but can't get the options.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038312/

Tom_Tromboni
Level 8
Uninstall the ATK Package software
ATK software is for the older notebook like my GL753