Asus Encore Bios 0224 -> 0401/0504

Zbigniew
Level 9
My set:
Asus Rampage Encore
G. Skill 4x8GB CL3200 C14-14-14 TridentZ RGB for Intel Processors
(Samsung B-die)
2xM2 Samsung 970 Pro in M2_1 & M2_2 slots
Intel 7820X or 7920X (I have two processors)
PSU Seasonic Titanium Ultra 850W
All defaults, drives in AHCI mode
Armory Crate - disabled
I have been the owner of Asus Rampage Encore for several days.
1. Reloading the bios from the original version 0224 to the newer 0401 causes:
Loss of functionality of ERP-ready mode S4 + S5 or S5 mode
(The computer after completely turning off and turning on the power after a few seconds turns itself off before loading the bios screen and after the spontaneous reset the correct passes and loads the operating system) The memories work properly in the XMP CL14 mode
Each time this happens with different post codes.
(after 2-5 seconds after switching on)
It looks like a Bios program bug / code version 0401.
After switching ERP-Ready to off, the LED backlight on the motherboard remains red and the Oled Screen is on.
(which should not be the case - the board is always supplied with voltage from the power supply - the relay should disconnect the board from the power supply)
2. Reloading the bios from the original version 0224 to the newer 0504 causes an even worse problem:
Loss of functionality of ERP-ready mode S4 + S5 or S5 mode
(The computer after completely turning off and turning on the power after a few seconds turns itself off after a few seconds before it loads the bios screen and after the reset the correct passes fast and loads the operating system)
Each time this happens with different post codes.
(after 2-5 seconds after switching on) Just like bios 0401
The memories do not work properly at all in XMP mode.
Clean windows 10 freezes on the default Bios settings in xmp mode. It looks like Ram has lost its compatibility with the motherboard. It seems that Bios version 0504 is already quite weak.
After switching ERP-Ready to off, the LED backlight on the motherboard also stays red and the Oled Screen is on.
(which should not be the case - the hob always has voltage from the power supply) The memories must work in 2133 mode.
.................................................. .................................................. .....
Apex, Omega had previously worked in this configuration.
I was hoping that the migration to the next upgrade of the series would be something special. The motherboard looks like a work of engineering art, but such functionality does not justify the price of $ 750.
Please let me know what to do to be able to use the latest Asus invention successfully in my case.
Previous versions of X299 (Apex, Omega) were fairly OK.
They had a few construction errors, I don't notice them in Encore,
but with bios there is a downgrade.
Apex & Omega did not show this error, so the configuration of the computer is not the cause of the problem. The problem lies in the disc, which looks electronically functional. What should I do?
I read about the new bios versions:
401 /
1 Improve system performance and stability ????
2 Improve DRAM stability ?????

3 Show ACHI warning message in F1 POST message
4 Shorten system boot time.
5 Change the default setting for ASUS MultiCore Enhancement to disabled.
504 /
1. Improve system performance.
2. Update to Intel’s latest microcode.

What's wrong with me?
P/s
Fortunately, this motherboard properly reloads bios unlike Asus Omega. At least I have two functional bios chips so far.
Yet...
😄
And how is healthy overclocking supposed to be?
Blessed are those who have not seen ... And now they see.
6 REPLIES 6

Hopper64
Level 15
My encore board does the same thing after having the power cut off. It starts to boot and shuts down then boots normally. The omega never did that. I think it’s a bios problem but I’m not sure. No problem at all if the power is left on.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

I also have the same problems with BIOS version 0504. Seems to be a very buggy BIOS version.
I also have big problems that my SLI / NVLink is working properly.
When starting a benchmark, both graphics cards build up very slowly. You can also notice it because it jerky.
I was able to fix the problem by deactivating SLI in the Nvidia settings and activating it again immediately. Then it went. After a restart I have the same problem again.
Could imagine that it has something to do with the problem that the motherboard starts again.
I never had these problems with my predecessor motherboard - Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme.

CO8884 wrote:
I also have the same problems with BIOS version 0504. Seems to be a very buggy BIOS version.
I also have big problems that my SLI / NVLink is working properly.
When starting a benchmark, both graphics cards build up very slowly. You can also notice it because it jerky.
I was able to fix the problem by deactivating SLI in the Nvidia settings and activating it again immediately. Then it went. After a restart I have the same problem again.
Could imagine that it has something to do with the problem that the motherboard starts again.
I never had these problems with my predecessor motherboard - Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme.

I have no issues at all with SLI on this board, i'm using dual EVGA 2080ti Kingpins with the Asus Nvlink. My biggest problem is the memory, i'm still having alot of trouble with XMP profiles.

Hopper64 wrote:
My encore board does the same thing after having the power cut off. It starts to boot and shuts down then boots normally. The omega never did that. I think it’s a bios problem but I’m not sure. No problem at all if the power is left on.

Yeah this is the same as what mine does, only when the power supply is shut off does it do it, other then that all is fine.

tistou77
Level 13
I have the same thing with R6E, but only with OC 4.2ghz +
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

Zbigniew
Level 9
Hello gentlemen again. :cool:
I have read these comments.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
I see that my motherboard is fine.
Bios 0504 is not for us.
For me in bios 0504 after OC the processor (even on the settings memories in JEDEC 2133) freezes the system. It is not the fault of the memory or the motherboard. I count on a newer stable bios version.
0504 should not be recommended for installation.
P / S
I have downgrade to bios 0401, which is working properly. The XMP memory profile for G. Skill TridentZ 3200 CL14 is working properly (1.35V). There are no restarts after disconnecting the computer from the wall socket. Everything is OK!
The restart problem in bios 0401 disappeared after downgrade from 0504 and removing the battery from the board.
I have an air-cooled I9-7920x processor.
I don't trust AIO. The processor is stable @ 4.7 GHz.
Cooled with historic Prolimatech Genesis and two Corsair 120ML RGB fans.
Interestingly, the AI ​​Suite3 version attached to this motherboard can automatically overclock the computer on the fly.
AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY, you don't have to bother.

(I have never used this invention before, bugs in Apex, Omega.)
At my place + 58-62% Oc in the air, without any manual settings in the bios.
We are waiting patiently for the new bios in the 0666 version 🙂
P/s
Sorry for the mistakes, this time my daughter wasn't at home to check my spelling. 😄

Edit 17.01.2020

After a few days of use, at 7920X 4.7 GHz and DDR4 on XMP settings with bios 0401 absolutely no errors. I am generally satisfied. I have the first Asus Rampage VI in which it works 100% correctly for me. Asus AURA also works correctly and simultaneously with Corsair iCUE. Asus Ai Suite 3 also works well thanks to AI Optimization. It never happened when I had Rampage V Edition 10, R6 Apex and R6 Omega. I think bios 0504 sucks, it's a shame to waste time with him. I think the problem has been discussed. Thanks again to everyone.
If you don't have it (0504) - you like what you have - (0401) 😉
Blessed are those who have not seen ... And now they see.