Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

Quote Originally Posted by kdk1323 View Post
    Well tbh i havent heard of something called QVL till today. I choose my pieces all together from pcpartpicker and it didn't mention any incompatibility. I guess we learn something new everyday. If i wanted to change any ram would you recommend? I do nothing but gaming on my machine. my cpu is 9900k 5ghz
    The QVL stands for Qualified Vendor List. See here: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RO.../HelpDesk_QVL/

For 32GB of RAM, around the same speed and price: https://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-Tride...9051749&sr=8-5

These appear on the QVL so they have been tested and approved for optimal results.

Good luck!!!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array MRBULL PC Specs
    MRBULL PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Formula XI
    ProcessorIntel I9 9900k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3400C14-8GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorROG PG279Q
    Storage #1Evo 970 1TB m2
    Storage #2Evo 970 500gig m2
    CPU CoolerEVGA CLC 280
    CaseObsidian 900D Super Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair HX Series™ HX1050
    Keyboard Logitech G510
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Sennheiser pc350 special edition
    OS Windows 10 pro

Well tbh i havent heard of something called QVL till today. I choose my pieces all together from pcpartpicker and it didn't mention any incompatibility. I guess we learn something new everyday. If i wanted to change any ram would you recommend? I do nothing but gaming on my machine. my cpu is 9900k 5ghz
    your ram is fine, leave it as it is and lower the voltage you had in that screenshot before you burn them.
    nothing wrong with 3500 your not going to get ANY benefit by having 3600 .

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MRBULL View Post
    your ram is fine, leave it as it is and lower the voltage you had in that screenshot before you burn them.
    How much should they be? I left these on Auto but after a restart they have changed by the motherboard

mdzcpa PC Specs
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    OS WIN 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MRBULL View Post

I disagree with this. 3600mhz is not asking for too much. And when you pay for a product you should get what you paid for. I agree the 100mhz won't be noticeable. But if the OP wants to hit his 3600mhz, he needs better compatibility. It might be the memory controller, but at 3500-3600 that would make it an extremely weak controller. So if the OP can simply exchange his RAM for a better part that has a better chance at hitting rated speeds, then why not?

That said, if the RAM cannot be exchanged, I would agree to settle with 3500. I wouldn't spend more for 100mhz.

mdzcpa PC Specs
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    OS WIN 10 Pro

How much should they be? I left these on Auto but after a restart they have changed by the motherboard
    I agree with mrbull, those voltages are indeed crazy high as I mentioned before. Set RAM voltage to 1.35v and put SA and VCCIO to 1.2-1.3v and see if that holds 3500mhz.

Or swap that RAM....

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    I agree with mrbull, those voltages are indeed crazy high as I mentioned before. Set RAM voltage to 1.35v and put SA and VCCIO to 1.2-1.3v and see if that holds 3500mhz.

Or swap that RAM....
    I set RAM voltage to 1.35v and put SA and VCCIO to 1.2 for a whole day and i didnt face any blue screen. Might keep it this way. I'm only thinking about changing my ram since i didnt know 4*8 better than what i have 2*16

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post

Or swap that RAM....
    whenever I restart my pc bios change VCCIO and Sa agent voltage, any help?

New ROGer Array

Perhaps try a different bios version. I'm using g skill 4266cl19 in my maximus xi extreme with 9900k 5ghz all core overclock. I couldn't load into windows on the newest bios just on standard xmp. Went back one bios version and xmp works perfect and I could event tighten timings a little bit.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Hint:

Please test the memory with google app stresstest.

I got 3x 9900KS (diffferent batches) - 3x G.Skill 32GB 4266 CL17 KIT's and my Maximus Extreme XI ca run only 4.100 Mhz max. stable!
    Intel Core i9-7980XE @ Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z SLI | G.Skill 128GB RAM, DDR4-3200, CL14 | Samsung SSD 960 PRO 2TB | 2x Samsung SSD 840 PRO (512GB) + 2x Samsung SSD 830 (512GB) | Plextor PX-L890SA | Corsair AX1500i Titanium | Lian Li TYR PC-X2000F @bequiet Silentwings USC |

Intel Core i7-6950X @ Noctua NH-D15S | Asus ROG Rampage V10 Extreme | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z | Kingston 128GB RAM, DDR4-2666, CL15 | Seasonic 1.000 Platinum |

ROG Junior Member Array GOLiathus PC Specs
    GOLiathus PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XI Extreme Z390
    Processori9 9900ks
    MonitorAOC g2460vq6
    CPU Coolerriing 360
    Casecm haf x

might sound strange, but take the board out and have a real close look at the back of it for metal whiskering protruding from the solder joins, i have the same mobo, currently trying to rma it but arguing with store about stuff even the worlds top scientists dont fully understand (blame rohs compliance)

i was told by asus to bring it in, they've done great, its just the local shop wants me to explain whats gone wrong with it, well, i dont think even the worlds top scientists can explain wtf happened, the errors are sporadic intermittent and random in nature

metal whiskering is an unsolved problem in physics, i have a feeling i shouldnt have spent so much on my new parts, cause if they are broken and noone takes responsibility for it then im like nearly $2k out of pocket, not exactly what you expect when spending money on "premium" parts

its actually given me some pretty bad anxiety, cause every time ive had the board out some of the whiskers ahve been picked off (at first by me in confusion as to what it was, then by the tech at the computer store) now its working mostly fine which is more concerning than anything because it wont present the problem when looked at for warranty ill be blamed and charged for freight and this whole thing is basically just a giant waste of my time and i am $850 out of pocket if they dont take it back, which im pretty sure they wont

also check for cold solder joins, i found 1 on my board

it really is quiet a depressing situation Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200121_054206[1].jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	578.4 KB 
ID:	83911

photo refers to the whiskering, havent got a photo of the cold solder as of yet, but for reference sake the cold solder join i had is on the board in the lower left of the photo where u can see 4 pins sticking vertically out of the back of the board, thats the audio jack, thats where i had 1 cold solder join, only just out of view of the pic

before i ever took the board out some of the symptoms i had were that gamefirst v would not open at all even with subsequent reinstallations of windows, armory crate never worked properly, computer would lock up out of nowhere present no error (nothing even in event viewer) and need to be hard reset, one time my sonic studio smart volume was backwards, extreme was quiet and soft was loud af

so what im trying to say is that the errors were pretty much completely unpredictable all kind of stuff never worked properly from the get go, the board has literally given me nothing but trouble since installing it

come to think of it it took me a few days just to get the audio software to work at all

i only realized something was wrong with the board when the aura rgb stopped lighting up for no apparent reason, it would just flash once when power is applied then stay forever off, you cant blame me for not properly inpescting the board before installing it because what about the whiskering under the rgb backplate??

sorry i started to get a bit carried away there but im sure you can understand my frustration
    Last edited by GOLiathus; 01-26-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast