cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone else finding Maximus XI Code / Extreme sluggish?

XYchromosone
Level 10
I've recently [regrettably] upgraded 2 systems from a Maximus X Hero to the Maximus XI Code and Extreme. Both systems are running quite slow compared to the previous hardware. opening Windows File Explorer lags and anything else i do has noticeable lag. This is the same for both systems. Has anyone else experienced this? My system is in the specs of my profile/avatar.
4 REPLIES 4

Falkentyne
Level 12
XYchromosone wrote:
I've recently [regrettably] upgraded 2 systems from a Maximus X Hero to the Maximus XI Code and Extreme. Both systems are running quite slow compared to the previous hardware. opening Windows File Explorer lags and anything else i do has noticeable lag. This is the same for both systems. Has anyone else experienced this? My system is in the specs of my profile/avatar.

Did you install windows from scratch? If not, that's your first mistake. Windows installs do not always play well with motherboard swaps. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

If you did install windows from scratch, this issue is 100% always due to not having proper chipset, USB or correct intel/ME drivers installed.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
some lags is present and is well documented on windows last update. i can recommend, all uefi, csm disable and secureboot disable. Once that if of and in windows fast boot is disable, you will have a little time turning off but is ok. windows is turning off all functions. A lot are waiting for the windows update to fix that. aside of other issues with random BSOD ....
Learn, Play Enjoy!

XYchromosone
Level 10
@Falkentyne
Yes i installed windows from scratch on both systems. If i hadn't done that and i experienced such lag all the time the first thing i would do is reinstall Windows.

@MrAgapiGC
I have all those settings already turned off in the BIOS. it is one of the first things i do before installing Windows or right after installing the OS.

mdzcpa
Level 12
I would run Task Manager and look at what process are running in the background. Look for anything hanging.

Also check your Event Log for errors.