cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z390 Maximus XI Hero RGB

DrCalm
Level 7
Hey guys, I got 3 components that need RGB connection. The mobo has 2x 12v and 2x 5v and my RGB things in question are 2x 5v and 1x 12v... Somewhere I heard that its not a good idea to have 12v and 5v connected at the same time which sounds weird really? Is that true or its fine to have 2x DRGB (5v) and 1x 12v rgb plugged at the same time in their respective headers. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
DrCalm wrote:
Hey guys, I got 3 components that need RGB connection. The mobo has 2x 12v and 2x 5v and my RGB things in question are 2x 5v and 1x 12v... Somewhere I heard that its not a good idea to have 12v and 5v connected at the same time which sounds weird really? Is that true or its fine to have 2x DRGB (5v) and 1x 12v rgb plugged at the same time in their respective headers. Thanks

i have no idea where you read that. i have 3 strips on each 5v and 2 each on the 12v and no issues what so ever.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
i have no idea where you read that. i have 3 strips on each 5v and 2 each on the 12v and no issues what so ever.

Yeah thanks, thought so. It sounded really stupid and weird. Heard it from a friend and read it on a forum but it was very old post too.