cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G703GI-XS98K, GPU running 90F+ and degrading framerate in Path of Exile

SerosRDPS
Level 7
Hello,

I have the G703GI-XS98K as the title suggests. I was enjoying extremely high framerates for a while, but for more than a month now I've noticed the speed degrading in Path of Exile (PC game). I've also noticed the computer itself feeling much hotter than normal.

I decided to look into it and going by the ROG Gaming center I saw the GPU Temp at 90+C and the CPU at 92+C! It's been a long while since I've done any overclocking but I know that's too high. My go to solution before was a thorough cleaning as no other variables have changed and I've always owned pesky cats so I tend to get hair in there. I don't see any easy ways of cleaning the vents.

Can anyone recommend videos, tips etc for a thorough cleaning and anything else to help manage my GPU and CPU heat?

I've included an attachment screenshot of the ROG Gaming center in the AM when the computer is running cool.

Thanks and looking forward to any feedback or direction to a thread I missed with good tips.

Best,
SerosRDPS
1 REPLY 1

SerosRDPS
Level 7
I've added an image of the ROG Gaming center readings after only about 5 minutes of gaming play in a room about 65F.