cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 jx power jack module

tjwhite
Level 7
Hi all so I pulled apart my jx attempting to upgrade my video card. So far no luck with that . I put it back together with the old video card. The laptop powers up fine, But is not charging the battery. I bought a new battery plugged it in same issue laptop runs says its charging but is not charging the battery . have a new charger heading my way. But in the mean time I put a multi meter on the charger. It putting out a solid 19.5 Volts. So i dont think my charger is not working. I didn't unplug the AC adapter board from the MB when i tore the laptop apart. Can the AC adapter board be bad ( not charge the battery) and still power up the laptop? Before i throw more money at this laptop I thought i would see if anyone could help me here.
4 REPLIES 4

jdfrench3
Level 12
Normally, the reason you replace the DC-IN Jack, is because it is physically broken (the charging brick plug falls out of the jack).

This is Not to say your DC-IN Jack could not be internally broken.

P/N 90NB00N1-R10030

Most likely you have damaged the motherboard and the charging circuit on the motherboard no longer charges. I would suggest you remove your motherboard and look for the green label with black lettering. This label will have the motherboard part number you need to search for online. Please try to match this P/N exactly for a replacement. Be patient because finding a serviceable motherboard is always going to be a longshot. When arranging a purchase, insure you have a means to return if the part doesn't work. This happens more than you think.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Sanctrum
Level 9
I had the same problem 2 months ago. My G751JY was charging only when cooled down... but during high GPU/CPU stress (gaming) it stoped to charge... Discharging battery in no time... and making it too hot to recharge.

What I have noticed that my PSU plug was quite hot during gaming… So evidently the problem was the plug or the power jack.
I have ordered new power jack board… https://www.ebay.com/c/1741129519
Yours (for G750) might be this one (if not the same): https://www.ebay.com/itm/222318432622

And I replaced it guided by this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97sHdhmyajk - but no soldering, I replaced entire power jack board.
However you probably can also get just the new jack itself and solder it.

Do NOT reuse the old power jack.

What I have immediately noticed after the replacement that the old connection of the plug and the jack was not tight, it was quite loose. The new one is much more tighter. So it was pure mechanical problem with the interior of the jack itself, not the cold solder...

My problems with charging are gone… And I have a replacement power jack board for the future problems…

tjwhite
Level 7
tjwhite wrote:
Hi all so I pulled apart my jx attempting to upgrade my video card. So far no luck with that . I put it back together with the old video card. The laptop powers up fine, But is not charging the battery. I bought a new battery plugged it in same issue laptop runs says its charging but is not charging the battery . have a new charger heading my way. But in the mean time I put a multi meter on the charger. It putting out a solid 19.5 Volts. So i dont think my charger is not working. I didn't unplug the AC adapter board from the MB when i tore the laptop apart. Can the AC adapter board be bad ( not charge the battery) and still power up the laptop? Before i throw more money at this laptop I thought i would see if anyone could help me here.

Ok so I have replaced the charging module. replaced the battery and charger. Still not charging the battery . In CPUID i am running a current voltage of 14.800V . Is that low? The laptop runs fine under power its just not charging the battery. i have done the delete the battery drivers and unplugged it removed the battery. It is sounding like i must have done something to the MB when i pulled it out. Any suggestions?

tjwhite
Level 7
Just a follow up to my Story, My Battery charging issues was not the Jack module or the battery or the charger . All of which now have 2 of. It was the motherboard . around the charging prongs on the motherboard there was some weird swelling of the board around the solder points to the charging prongs . That was the only thing visible that looked strange. So i found a MB online installed it it works . It said it was a JX/JW board just like my old one but this boards bios is a JW. (rev210) good enough . My new piece of the puzzle is the keyboard keys are not illuminating. i have reinstalled the ATK package . caps lock light come on . When you boot up i get a quick flash of light on Q key. but that it. I am guessing I may have put some strain on the KB ribbon removing and reinstalling it. I am working on buying a keyboard . If anyone has any tips on keyboard illumination. i am all ears.