cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AISuite over writing Power & Sleep settings

zl1_ghost
Level 7
I see in the Event Viewer, under System logs that AISuite will over write my Power & Sleep times after I change them. Why is AISuite doing this and how do you stop it?

Process C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\DIP4\DIPAwayMode\DipAwayMode.exe (process ID:12340) reset policy scheme from {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e} to {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e}
2 REPLIES 2

drswims
Level 7
Hi, I'm surprised no one responded to this almost two years later

I found out what was going on, DIPAwayMode is activated in Task Scheduler under ASUS. It Triggers when anyone logs in and the process keeps running.

It watches for any input. If no input after two hours it puts the computer to sleep (hence its name, "Direct InPut Away Mode" ). It also overwrites any Power plans you set, which is not only infuriating but takes control away from the user, which is a terrible practice. The developer should place code that allows users to change it as they see fit.

The fix for me was to disable the Scheduled Task. Oddly, the trigger still ran (log on of any user). So I disabled that as well. As a test, I ran the computer overnight and it finally stopped going to sleep mode.

Now the event logs show that "Explorer.exe" did some tasks for power plans from either user input or from other builtin triggers that only logged events, and did not do anything.

Prior to that, it logged similar events you saw:
"Process C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\DIP4\DIPAwayMode\DipAwayMode.exe (process ID:12340) reset policy scheme from {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e} to {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e}"

Hope this helps if you haven't found the answer already.

NOTE: this also disables "Power Saving" and "Away Mode" in AI Suite on the "Dual Intelligent Processors" page. That doesn't matter to me, but letting you know in case it mattered to you.

I've been trying to figure out why my PC kept sleeping, and this solved it. Thanks for documenting. Legend.