New ROGer Array

Armoury Crate / lightingservice high CPU on RGB usage

Why does Armoury Crate have such high CPU usage if the RGB profile is set to anything but static? I am talking 5-10% on a Ryzen 3600 (TUF X570).

Yes, I've tried everything possible I could search and find to get it to work i.e. uninstall, reinstall, updates, etc. As soon as I switch it to static it drops to 1% or less.

Please ASUS fix this terrible software. I went with you on this build because I trusted you, but this is unacceptable and searching through this forum, reddit, and anywhere else online I've found nothing but complaints for as long as Armoury Crate has been around. I signed up on this forum just to voice one more opinion to contribute to the growing evidence that your program needs a lot of work.
    Last edited by beardstheticz; 01-16-2020 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Clarification in title

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

5% i have when i use the app most of the time is 2%. but i am using enoght all so is ok for me. the app is ok still need work. and some point here and there.

I can be sure that the armory crate (lightservice) use less than the brouwer you are using to read these. Is working a update is coming soon .

Thanks for the voice of opinon. in the mean time i will continue the help and take notes.
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MrAgapiGC View Post
    5% i have when i use the app most of the time is 2%. but i am using enoght all so is ok for me. the app is ok still need work. and some point here and there.

I can be sure that the armory crate (lightservice) use less than the brouwer you are using to read these. Is working a update is coming soon .

Thanks for the voice of opinon. in the mean time i will continue the help and take notes.
    I'm sorry, maybe I should have been more clear:

Lightingservice + armourycrate when in any other form than static take up ~5-10% CPU.

My browser (firefox) viewing this forum takes up 0.2%-0.4%

Thanks for responding and I appreciate the comment

New ROGer Array louis925 PC Specs
    louis925 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080TI O11G GAMING
    MonitorASUS VE276Q
    CaseNZXT H710

Use ASUS AURA instead

I have the same issue. LightingService from Armoury Crate easily use like one core of CPU when the color mode is not static.

I found that using the ASUS Aura Utility (the file called Lighting_Control_1.07.79) https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/download.html instead of the Armoury Crate can reduce the CPU usage of LightingService (even for non-static mode). However, ASUS Aura Utility is not very compatible with Armoury Crate (they overwrite each other's settings).
    Last edited by louis925; 01-20-2020 at 11:27 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by louis925 View Post
    I have the same issue. LightingService from Armoury Crate easily use like one core of CPU when the color mode is not static.

I found that using the ASUS Aura Utility (the file called Lighting_Control_1.07.79) https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/download.html instead of the Armoury Crate can reduce the CPU usage of LightingService (even for non-static mode). However, ASUS Aura Utility is not very compatible with Armoury Crate (they overwrite each other's settings).
    Thank you, I'm giving this a shot now