cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F and Sonic Studio 3

DarkShingo
Level 7
So I just got this motherboard and everything is fine and well... Except for this piece of software. You see, one of the features I liked from the mobo was the superior sound and the idea to have such audio enhancements without having to install mods or unsupported software, but lo and behold, SS3 is not working as expected:

Everytime I open Mozilla or Chrome and play a video, those effect works... at first. If I seek within the video, the sound reverts back to the default settings without using SS3, and it can't be activated back, you have to restart the whole browser. SS3 has this behavior with other software, so it's basically useless for me. Is there any fix, registry edit or workaround for it?
4 REPLIES 4

AAtte
Level 7
My SS3 doesn't even open at all. It just shows the red box and then goes away. Another Asus **** app that doesn't work at all. All they are good for is haedware. I can't understand why making software is so hard for them.

cRoAT
Level 7
DarkShingo wrote:
So I just got this motherboard and everything is fine and well... Except for this piece of software. You see, one of the features I liked from the mobo was the superior sound and the idea to have such audio enhancements without having to install mods or unsupported software, but lo and behold, SS3 is not working as expected:

Everytime I open Mozilla or Chrome and play a video, those effect works... at first. If I seek within the video, the sound reverts back to the default settings without using SS3, and it can't be activated back, you have to restart the whole browser. SS3 has this behavior with other software, so it's basically useless for me. Is there any fix, registry edit or workaround for it?

Has anyone been able to solve this??

cRoAT wrote:
Has anyone been able to solve this??

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) from the first post of this thread.

In addition, in order to fix your issue :

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) from the first post of this thread.

In addition, in order to fix your issue :

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Thanks for the guide. However I've run into a problem with Realtek Audio Control as i can't manage to instal it from the Windows Store. Is there some other source where to get it or can i get the ASUS Audio Control like the one from ASUS website?
I like the app from Asus as i can configure to run 2 different audio streams and configure amlification of both front amp and back amp independently.

Please some input on this. Thanks