cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

armourysocketserver.exe what is it, how can it be removed?

rascal_uk
Level 7
I had problems with the latest armour crate update and I've pretty much given up on it, until removing it it was causing games to crash due to conflicts with Corsair iCue.

Anyway, it's left a load of junk behind, including this active service.

Can someone tell me what the purpose of this service is, and how to remove it....ideally a guide on how to fully remove armoury crate would be ideal.

Already disabled it in bios.

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

rascal_uk
Level 7
Might be related to this install which will not uninstall.

Re
Level 10
No it is one service from asus Framework*

Super_Gnome
Level 11
This thing is still running according to Task Manager, despite uninstalling all Armoury Crate and related "stuff." How do you get rid of this "stuff?"

Super Gnome wrote:
This thing is still running according to Task Manager, despite uninstalling all Armoury Crate and related "stuff." How do you get rid of this "stuff?"

Go to Task Scheduler, under there there is an ASUS folder go in delete everything! Their developers are just the worst!

Is it normal/expected behavior for this to be using in excess of 5-9+GB of RAM?

Armory SOcket server is taking 15 GB ram on pc and AC power notifications is taking 3GB ram WTH, it's causing my PC  to slow down and overheat. I have Asus ROG flow 13.

How can I remove it or make sure it does not take much RAM

AhmadKhan_0-1683895036908.png

ziron999
Level 8

this problem still exists....

Nate152

Hello ziron999,

In AhmadKhan's post, his ArmourySocketServer.exe is using over 11,000,000 kb of memory. This could be due to an older version of Armoury Crate.

With Armoury Crate fully updated, I'm only using 138,000 kb of memory.

socket server.png

The point is being missed.

When you UNINSTALL this STAYS.