cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Sonic Studio 3?

Templarkun
Level 7
I would like to completely remove Sonic Studio 3. It does not appear in Add/Remove Programs. It doesn't have uninstaller (at least I couldn't find it).
Sonic Studio 3 is causing all sorts of problems in the latest Windows 10.
7 REPLIES 7

xyzbird
Level 8
Templarkun wrote:
I would like to completely remove Sonic Studio 3. It does not appear in Add/Remove Programs. It doesn't have uninstaller (at least I couldn't find it).
Sonic Studio 3 is causing all sorts of problems in the latest Windows 10.

It should be listed in 'Start' - right click - uninstall.

If by some weird chance you cannot see it in Start, go to the MS Store and check installed apps, there you can uninstall it.

xyzbird wrote:
It should be listed in 'Start' - right click - uninstall.

Oh, right, I see it, thank you!
Will it remove all the drivers and services too? I would like Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer and Nahimic service be removed as well.

So, can anyone help?
After uninstalling the app, I still have Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer running. How can I uninstall all drivers and services connected to Sonic Studio?

Mazinga
Level 7
Bump!

XYchromosone
Level 10
It's pretty difficult to remove completely. After uninstalling, you also have to followup with the registry to delete many keys that only an Advanced use should attempt. In a nutshell once you type "regedit" in the "Run" box [right click Start and click Run then type regedit]. Search the registry for Sonic Studio [Edit > Find] and delete all the keys or values that the Find tool, finds. Also search for "Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer" and "Nahimic" and delete any key or value you find.

Warning, do this at your own risk. Export the complete registry before making any registry edits [File > Export make sure "All" is selected and save with a name e.g. sonicstudio.reg. It's a good idea to save it to the C:/ drive's main folder.

Retired
Not applicable
IObit unlocker to remove frozen files and folders
then you need to manually hunt down the rest
i don't think its possible to remove every fragment of the installation without going insane
its down to the user, and the knowledge about windows in general
you need to change your folder properties in windows also, to display hidden folders and files
good luck