cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCCIO & VCCSA Voltage in [Auto]

Braegnok
Level 14
Hello, all my temps are fine, and I'm running CPU in default settings except for my memory.

On memory I have it set to manual , running @ 4600MHz 1.5V 19-26-26-46 and system is prime95 stable.

My CPU VCCIO is set to Auto and stays @ 1.312V

And CPU VCCSA is also set to Auto and stays @ 1.360V

Do these voltages seem OK, or should I manually set them a bit lower. Perhaps 1.225V on both and see if system remains stable, or just not worry about it.

Imjur link screenshot. https://imgur.com/a/xXCsDOB

Thanks in advance for any advice.
18 REPLIES 18

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I would try and rein those in apart from anything for the extra heat

VCCSA @ 1.36v is high... definitely go manual and use lower voltages.

Update: I didn't realize you are running Team Group Xtreem 4133 c18. This runs at a higher voltage than 1.35v when OCing. I've seen the specs and it runs at 1.4v @ 4133MHz

hortons71
Level 7
Braegnok wrote:
Hello, all my temps are fine, and I'm running CPU in default settings except for my memory.

On memory I have it set to manual , running @ 4600MHz 1.5V 19-26-26-46 and system is prime95 stable.

My CPU VCCIO is set to Auto and stays @ 1.312V

And CPU VCCSA is also set to Auto and stays @ 1.360V

Do these voltages seem OK, or should I manually set them a bit lower. Perhaps 1.225V on both and see if system remains stable, or just not worry about it.

Imjur link screenshot. https://imgur.com/a/xXCsDOB

Thanks in advance for any advice.

My G-skill 4600 runs well with default VCCIO and VCCSA with default xmp2 profile, no extra voltage needed except 1.45v for DRAM. But the performance is very poor. It's more of a bandwidth problem, cpu has trouble keeping up when you trim prime / sec / tert timings. I usually aim for Read and Write performance at 92-94% of theoretical max at the given clock, and Copy not far behind without losing too much latency.

Every CPU behaves differently. VCCIO increases slightly at load and if it becomes too high I get Blue Screen or system lock. Too much VCCSA and Pcie start to be affected, freezes in games and sometimes Aura software can be affected and go from solid red to rainbow. So the highest I can go is 1.3v on both in Bios.
I have my RTL settings in auto, and when all is well they show 71 71 the same, and the PC always starts with the first try. But when you get too close to the edge they start to separate 1-2. This is a good indication of whether you are on the right track or have gone too far. You usually can't take someone else's settings and hope it works for you, you need to calculate some and then fine tune the rest with trial and error.

You should also keep in mind that high North Bridge clock can affect your RTL settings.

hortons71 wrote:
….

You should also keep in mind that high North Bridge clock can affect your RTL settings.

That is definitely not true!

I read it often that the high cache frequency is caused for bad or high RTLs.

The cache frequency has nothing to do with the RTLs!

Here is evidence as screenshots (all in one step - done one after the other!).
My 9900K 5GHz core clock / ram clock 4533 CL 17 1T / cache frequency from 4.3GHz to 4.8GHz.

Cache 43

Cache 44

Cache 45

Cache 46

Cache 47

Cache 48 Attention! ("Ring down Bin" Option musst be set to "Disable" for 4.8 GHz Cache frequency with 5.0GHz Core frequency)

and "Final" with optimal RTL and IO-L

GSAT stable and used every day without problems.
with 5GHz Core Clock / Ram clock 4533 CL 17 1T / Cache Frequency 4.7GHz

In all screenshots, the RTLs and IO-Ls are set to "Auto" and only in the "Final" screenshot show optimal Set for RTLs and IOLs.
A separate Guide on how to optimally set your RTL and IO-Ls will be available later btw. coming son 🙂

Thank you, nicely done sir.

Looking forward to your guide, proper memory tuning does seem to be a gray area to most folks including myself.

swddeluxx wrote:

Here is evidence as screenshots (all in one step - done one after the other!).

Looking forward to guide also. Thanks for sharing.

ninezerofive
Level 10
It's always best to manually adjust VCCIO and VCCSA. It's a fine tuning process. I had about the same settings on Auto, but could lower it to 1.1~ both.
You are running them aggressively, try to set one of them to 1.25 manually, run stress test, if it passes, do the same with other one. Rinse and repeat.
Will help out with temperatures as well.

Thanks everyone for the advice! Going to try and lower both VCCIO, VCCSA down a bit.

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11
i heard and see people say that vccio /vcssa over 1.3 v - 1.35 v is a no no for 24/7 1.4 vccio / vcssa can kil la cpu in a month or so

im running 32 gb team group xtreem 4133 c18 @ 4200 17 17 17 32 vccio @ 1.18 v / vcssa @ 12.v in bios witch dropped my 9900 ks temps a bit to

i wouldnt go for more then 1.26v for both 1.3+ for benches
Rig # 1 - 14900K SP-115 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.1 R | 4.5 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,400 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | XG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 13900KS-SP-120 | 80 MC @ 5.8 GHZ | 5.0 R | 4.5 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync