cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding bluetooth adapter to Asus PRIME A320I-K motherboard

neonitron
Level 7
I've built a new rig using an Asus PRIME A320I-K motherboard. It would be nice to add bluetooth to it so that I can use my Bluetooth headset and PS4 controller.

The board doesn't really seem to have much expansion capability. There is only 1 PCI Express slot for my graphics card, so I guess I'll have to go the USB route, eh?

I've tried some of the USB 4.0 Bluetooth adapters but honestly haven't had much luck with them. They seem a tad finicky. Do you guys have any recommended adapters?

Also, isn't Bluetooth 5.0 out now? Would you recommend that I go with Bluetooth 5.0 or 4.0?
1 REPLY 1

neonitron
Level 7
neonitron wrote:
I've built a new rig using an Asus PRIME A320I-K motherboard. It would be nice to add bluetooth to it so that I can use my Bluetooth headset and PS4 controller.

The board doesn't really seem to have much expansion capability. There is only 1 PCI Express slot for my graphics card, so I guess I'll have to go the USB route, eh?

I've tried some of the USB 4.0 Bluetooth adapters but honestly haven't had much luck with them. They seem a tad finicky. Do you guys have any recommended adapters?

Also, isn't Bluetooth 5.0 out now? Would you recommend that I go with Bluetooth 5.0 or 4.0?

Doesn't seem to be a hot topic lol 🙂

For anyone's benefit, I'm gonna try the BT400 usb adapter by Asus to connect my bluetooth headset and then use a dedicated CuleedTec controller to connect my PS4 controller to my rig (paranoid about latency).