cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen blackout problem for G74SX

victorZWF
Level 7
I purchased a new G74SX AH71 half of month ago and actually I just want to use this laptop to play World of War Craft. When I run WOW, it's good at beginning. But after a few minutes, the screen turn black and recover after about 2 or 3 seconds. And usually this will happen every 30(not exactly ) minutes. In few cases, when I was still on the log in page of WOW, the screen blackout problem happened again and again, never stop unless I close the log in page. Later I found that every time the screen blackout and recover, a system notice like “Display driver stopped responding and has recovered” pop-up.
I searched this problem online and many guyes suggest upgrading the GPU driver. I did upgrade and I tried two version. One is a so called stable version, and the other is the latest one. But neither of them fixed the problem ( even got worse when I upgraded to the latest version). Now I restore(factory restore) the laptop, and the problem still exists. I haven't tried other high-graphic required games like Battlefield 3. So I don't know whether the screen blackout only applied to WOW. I would really appreciate if any of you could help me solve this problem.

Sorry, my English is not very brilliant. Hope you guyes can understand what I am saying.

My laptop info.
Win 7, professional SP1
Core: i7-2670QM 2.2GHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560M current driver:268.37
BIOS: 201
RAM: 16G

I haven't upgrade any driver yet after restoring.
2 REPLIES 2

Tear_a_Bee
Level 7
Try upgrading your drivers again just to make sure. Remember the latest is 295. 73.
Asus G74SX-AH71 [201]

Windows 7 Professional
16 GB RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 560M 3GB [285.79]
Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.20GHz Turbo Boost to 2.90GHz
7200 RPM 750 GB HDD
17.3" 1920x1080 HD Glossy Dislpay

Tear_a_Bee wrote:
Try upgrading your drivers again just to make sure. Remember the latest is 295. 73.

Thanks buddy, I'll try again later.