cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off RAM RGB when system is in sleep?

louis925
Level 7
Hi,

I just got my ASUS ROG Strix X570-E motherboard with G.Skill RGB memory. I was able to control the RGB on the RAM using Armoury Crate and on my motherboard I set to turn off all LED when system is in sleep. However, the G.Skill RAM doesn't seem to turn off RGB when in sleep. I was wondering if there is a way to do that?

LED light is super bright in night in my room so being able to control the LED RGB is a crucial functionality of a motherboard.

Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

Tom_Tromboni
Level 8
Try to change the System Sleeping States in the bios.
BIOS ---- "Advanced" ---- "APM Configuration" ----- "ErP Ready" ----- to "S4+s5"

On my z370 board, the LEDs were even active when the pc was turned off

System Sleeping States description
Link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/kernel/system-sleeping-states?redirectedfr...

Braegnok
Level 14
louis925 wrote:
Hi,

I just got my ASUS ROG Strix X570-E motherboard with G.Skill RGB memory. I was able to control the RGB on the RAM using Armoury Crate and on my motherboard I set to turn off all LED when system is in sleep. However, the G.Skill RAM doesn't seem to turn off RGB when in sleep. I was wondering if there is a way to do that?

LED light is super bright in night in my room so being able to control the LED RGB is a crucial functionality of a motherboard.

Thanks!

Try going into BIOS, Advanced, Onboard Devices Configuration, LED Lighting, and then select [Stealth Mode] from drop down menu. https://imgur.com/a/xm3DitO

To Tom Tromboni:
Thanks! Enable ErP to S4+S5 does turn off the two white led lights on my graphics card when the system is power off!!
Though when the system is in sleep the two white leds and the RAM rgb lights remain on.

To PMBraegnok:
I did select the [Stealth Mode] already in BIOS when the system is in sleep. But it still have RAM rgb and graphics card white leds on when in sleep.

Tom_Tromboni
Level 8
I don't have G.Skill RAM, but try the software from G.Skill Trident Z Family

https://www.gskill.com/download/1502180912/1551690847/Trident-Z-Family-(RGB,-Royal,-Neo)

Maybe it fixes the problem
Best regards TOM

In their installation note, they said "This software may conflict with other LED lighting control software (such as ASUS Aura, Gigabyte RGB Fusion, MSI Command Center/Mystic Light, NZXT CAM, etc.). Please do not install multiple software at the same time, or the software may not work as intended. We are working to improve compatibility between the different software programs."

Hmm... After I installed G.Skill Trident Z Lighting Control, my ASUS Armoury Crate can't see any RGB devices.... And the LightingService can not start. Guess, I will remove it then...

louis925 wrote:
In their installation note, they said "This software may conflict with other LED lighting control software (such as ASUS Aura, Gigabyte RGB Fusion, MSI Command Center/Mystic Light, NZXT CAM, etc.). Please do not install multiple software at the same time, or the software may not work as intended. We are working to improve compatibility between the different software programs."

Hmm... After I installed G.Skill Trident Z Lighting Control, my ASUS Armoury Crate can't see any RGB devices.... And the LightingService can not start. Guess, I will remove it then...

When I first set-up my PC, I had Asus Armoury Crate software pre-installed when I installed Windows 10, and with Corsair H150i cooler I had to install Corsair Link-4 software, I was running G.SKILL 3600C14 Z Royal memory so I installed G.SKILL Z Royal Lighting Control software.

It was a nightmare light show, all LEDs flashing, rainbow colors and no control. I spent days trying to control all the LEDs with no luck.

Only software I could control memory LEDs with was Corsair Link 4, and could only change from flashing rainbow to static red, which drove me crazy for days.

Then I decided to just shut off all LEDs. I set all LED jumpers on motherboard to Disable, I uninstalled G.SKILL Software,.. and using Corsair Link 4 was able to choose static black on color choice and got a vary light silver color on water block but memory would still only go static red, and would not disable.

Becoming more frustrated, noticing Armoury Crate was causing issues with my NvLink SLI and that was the last straw.

I pulled the G.SKILL Z Royal memory, replaced it with Corsair LPX modules, did a clean Windows 10 install, I did not re-install Armoury Crate,.. left all LED jumpers in disable,.. and now life is good!

Tom_Tromboni
Level 8
It's a pity it's not compatible.
*It would be so easy if the programming of the Software was coordinated

mdzcpa
Level 12
Have you considered a hard power down to resolve? A hard power down with ERP enabled should kill the light.

mdzcpa wrote:
Have you considered a hard power down to resolve? A hard power down with ERP enabled should kill the light.

Yes, ErP enabled with power off does kill all the light, but that also means I will have to restart all the programs next time I boot my PC, which can impact my productivity. That is why I only prefer to use sleep for my computers. Right now my work around is to manually switch to night mode in Armoury Crate before sleep...