cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy vs UEFI windows installation

Retired
Not applicable
two weeks ago i installed some new ssd's and decided to do a fresh OS installation
installation worked fine, but this time i went with UEFI installation for the first time in my life
after windows was installed i started to add my software and stuff
first up was nvidia drivers and i noticed that the nvidia control panel wouldn't install
then after installing telegram messenger the app had problems launching giving me an error message
msi afterburner next up, all went fine but i could not save the overclocking profiles, i left clicked the save icon but nothing happened
later that evening it was time for gaming, i launched paladins and joined a game of siege just like as i use to do
now it was more problems, sometime randomly i could not select to loadout before the match started (left clicking without any execution)
click, click, click = nothing happens

i now started to realize that something was wrong with my OS installation, and i made a new installation only this time Legacy

and just as i predicted, all the above problems is now totally gone and computer is now like it always been in the past (working fine)

i just wanted to share this

PS: pull the lan cable before windows installation, so you don't have to sign up for a stinking microsoft account.......
2 REPLIES 2

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
This on your 2700x system ?
MS account wouldn't matter

UEFI install
I never do install that way only real perk is bitlocker crapware now has a way to mess up your personal data and lock you off a ssd for that matter

Otherwise mbr disk with legacy CSM enabled seeing i use win-7 still but even win-10 i do the same also fast start off in bios and in windows.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
yes 2700x system

windows 1909 is forcing the user to sign up for microsoft, its no longer an option to decline, not unless the lan cable is pulled before installation

i never create accounts if i don't need them.........