Hybrid View

New ROGer Array

Exclamation Is my Radeon 5700 OC faulty?

Been having display issues with my new ASUS Radeon RX 5700, and tried lots of trouble shooting but still have issues...

Originally I had bad performance upon installation, very low FPS even in less demanding games along with display issues where my monitor goes completely black, and loses HDMI signal. I had no black screen issues with my previous video card.

First I uninstall my old drivers with guru DDU, and install the latest non-beta driver -- Radeon 19.12.2.. This helped a little, but I still had monitor going black...

Next I scan my system no issues, turn off my PC disconnect power and check my connection to my motherboard.. Removed card, examined card it seemed fine mobo seemed fine so I reseated the card and tried again... Same issues.

Go a step further completely format Hard-Drive, reinstall fresh copy of windows and using latest non-beta driver Radeon 19.12.2 and while my FPS issue seems to be solved the black screen still is occurring.

I've went to a black screen with 4 games I've tested, Star Wars Fallen Order, The Witcher 3, Kingdom Come Deliverance and Pathfinder Kingmaker. When my screen goes dark I still hear audio however, my monitor which is a AOC Freesync displays HDMI connection lost when it goes dark. So far this issue only happens when I play games and It seems to always happen at launch, it hasn't gone to black screen during actual gameplay.

I only have 3 programs installed besides games, McAfee, Razer software for my peripherals, and the video driver. I recently just got this card and installed two days again and been trouble shooting over the weekend and I don't know if I need to RMA this back to Newegg because its defective.

Setup --

Windows 10 pro 64 bit
    Ryzen 7 2700x
    16GB Dominator Plat DDR4
    ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Mobo
    Seagate Baracuda 4GB Harddrive
    Seasonic Focus PX-850 PSU -- 80+ Platnium