cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG-STRIX-Z370-G-GAMING-WIFI PC WiFi Problems

xyzbird
Level 8
The problem is with W10 Network discovery of other PC's for sharing files. A refresh sometimes gets it working but as soon as I go to another application and back again, the network has disappeared. After a while it reappears there is no access and an error comes up of one sort or another. Eventually it recovers.

It used to work fine until the last W10 November 2019 Update (1909). The sharing PC's have Intel WiFi adapters and work fine the other way.

Fortunately I had an Intel Wireless Dual Band AC 8265NGW WIFI Card mounted in an M.2 NGFF PCI-e 1X Adapter and installed this and everything now works properly again.

The original Realtek 8822BE adapter requires WiFi and Bluetooth disabling in the bios before installing the Intel adapter.

I hope this info is usefull for anyone else with the same problem.
5 REPLIES 5

xyzbird
Level 8
Went a stage further. Removed Asus Realtek WiFi Module from motherboard and could see that the actual 8822 card was the same style as the Intel 8265. So swapped them round.

Found that the CMOS 2032 battery was down on volts so that got changed. In so doing so, the bios was restored to default and booted up OK.

Now I have a properly working Intel based Module and can forget about Realtek WiFi.

xyzbird
Level 8
Upgraded to Intel AC 9260NGW on all 3 PC's. Working 100%.

Bokai
Level 7
Thank you for this information @xyzbird! I am finally sick of the endless ping spikes with the Realtek 8822be module, so I decided to go ahead and order the AC 9260NGW too, based of the information you gave.

Do I need to replace the realtek module or can I just use the 2nd M.2 slot on the back of the motherboard to install it?
And what do you mean by "the CMOS 2032 battery was down on volts so that got changed"?

Thanks for your help!

Bokai
Level 7
Thank you for this information @xyzbird! I am sick of the endless ping spikes with the Realtek 8822be module, so I decided to go ahead and order the AC 9260NGW too, based of the information you gave.

Do I need to replace the realtek module or can I just use the 2nd M.2 slot on the back of the motherboard?
And what do you mean by "the CMOS 2032 battery was down on volts so that got changed"?

xyzbird
Level 8
I replaced the Realtek 8822 module inside the original Asus adapter with the Intel 9260 and installed the latest Intel WiFi and Bluetooth drivers. Still working 100%.

The CMOS battery is mounted on the motherboard and easily changed - looks like a coin marked with the number 2032.

There is another post with similar details - https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117891-ROG-STRIX-Z370-I-GAMING-WiFi-Issues&highlight=xyzbi...