Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    23
    Posts
    23

    Sonic Suite V2.4.13 not installing

    I tried installing Sonic Suite V2.4.13 as it's listed on the Asus site for Drivers & Tools for my model and it asked me to uninstall my old version of Sonic Suite.
    I did, restarted and tried to install this new version. Now, it gives me the popup saying my audio driver is obsolete and to update it.
    The thing is, the audio driver I have is the latest one that's shown to me on the Asus Drivers & Tools page.
    I did see people suggesting installing realtek drivers but provided no actual source.
    I actually did try to get a new realtek audio driver a while back and that caused a Critical_Process_Died BSOD.
    I must admit, I did do weird things but mostly due to the fact when I did install an updated driver, Sonic Studio wouldn't work or the audio sounded weird.

    So, basically if anyone knows how I can do this successfully, I would appreciate it.
    If I shouldn't bother with this and should just reinstall the old Sonic Suite, let me know.

    Model: G752VT
    Current Realtek High Definition Audio Driver: V6.0.1.7831

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    69
    Posts
    729

    My current ASUS G752VSK Realtek driver is 6.0.8746.1. It can be downloaded here:

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/G...4_V6087461.zip

    The latest Sonic Studio is 3.6.42.51937. It can be downloaded here:

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/G...V364251937.zip

    The latest Sonic Radar is 3.6.42.51937. It can be downloaded here:

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/G...V364251937.zip

    I suggest you should use the IvanRF website to get the latest ASUS drivers as Ivan's source is ASUS.

    https://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-dr...or-windows-10/

    Good Luck
    Last edited by jdfrench3; 01-23-2020 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Added info
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    23
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by jdfrench3 View Post
    My current ASUS G752VSK Realtek driver is 6.0.8746.1. It can be downloaded here:

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/G...4_V6087461.zip

    The latest Sonic Studio is 3.6.42.51937. It can be downloaded here:

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/G...V364251937.zip

    The latest Sonic Radar is 3.6.42.51937. It can be downloaded here:

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/G...V364251937.zip

    I suggest you should use the IvanRF website to get the latest ASUS drivers as Ivan's source is ASUS.

    https://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-dr...or-windows-10/

    Good Luck
    I installed the realtek driver, installed sonic studio 3 from the links you provided and then sonic suite from the Asus driver site.
    Now it doesn't work anymore. When I restart my PC and/or try opening Sonic Studio I get:
    "This App has been blocked for your protection
    An administrator has blocked you from running this app
    SS2UILauncher.exe"

    Sonic Studio does actually open up, but it doesn't work. Also, in Realtek HD Audio Manager on the Sonic Suite tab, nothing shows up there.
    I don't know what to do anymore, it just got worse. Side note: I did not install the new Sonic Radar

    Current drivers:
    Asus Sonic Suite Plugins: 2.4.13 (From Asus support)
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver: 6.0.8746.1 (From your link)
    Sonic Studio: 3.6.42.51937 (From your link)
    Last edited by kingswillz; 01-23-2020 at 10:41 PM.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    69
    Posts
    729

    Confirm you have installed the latest Realtek driver. Look into your Device Manager and confirm you have the right driver:

    Use the Programs and Features to confirm you have the correct Sonic program installed:

    You should not have the Asus Sonic Suite Plugins: 2.4.13 installed, Uninstall.

    As for your app being blocked, it's your antivirus program blocking it

    Good Luck
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Device Manager Realtek Audio Driver.png  

    Programs and Features Sonic Programs.png  

    Last edited by jdfrench3; 01-24-2020 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Added info
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    69
    Posts
    729

    What version ROG Gaming Center are you running? The latest is 2.6.1 and can be downloaded here:

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/G...ter_V2.6.1.zip

    Good Luck
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    23
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by jdfrench3 View Post
    What version ROG Gaming Center are you running? The latest is 2.6.1 and can be downloaded here:

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/G...ter_V2.6.1.zip

    Good Luck
    For ROG Gaming Center, I am using 2.6.1.
    I can confirm in device manager that the Realtek driver is 6.0.8746.1
    I uninstalled Asus Sonic Suite Plugins now.
    But when I try to install Sonic Studio 3.6.42.51937 from the link you sent me it gives me an error:
    "Installation could not proceed: The device is not supported." Also, I have no Anti-Virus, only Windows Defender.
    So, I'm assuming there's nothing I can do. Should I go back to the original Sonic Suite and Sonic Studio?

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array davemon50 PC Specs
    davemon50 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY-DH72 (17") and Asus G752VT-DH74 (17")
    MotherboardAsus ROG LGA2011-v3 Rampage V Edition 10, x99 EATX
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6950X Extreme 10-core 25MB Cache 3.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR4 DRAM 64GB-4x16 3333 (CMK64GX4M4B3333C16R)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Graphics Card #2Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi Audio DAC
    Monitor(2) Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-inch monitors
    Storage #1(4) SSD's - Samsung 960 & 970 1TB M.2, Intel 535 480G, Intel 510 250G
    Storage #2(3) HDD's - Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5-in SATA III 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H80
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D Black, ATX, Mid Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair Digital AXi-Series AX1200i (1200W) 80+ Platinum Rating
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse Logitech Wireless MX Anywhere 2
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    davemon50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    48
    Posts
    1,126

    Quote Originally Posted by kingswillz View Post
    ...Should I go back to the original Sonic Suite and Sonic Studio?

    Yes. Those are the ones that are supported by your computer, nothing else is guaranteed. If you change the versions you are looking for trouble.

    Some of your comments above also lead me to believe you are not installing as Administrator. In my experience Sonic Studio versions from Asus need to be installed as Administrator, and lately I also had to authorize the shortcuts to always Run as Administrator for all users if I don't want nuisance errors and popups.
    Davemon50

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    23
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by davemon50 View Post
    Yes. Those are the ones that are supported by your computer, nothing else is guaranteed. If you change the versions you are looking for trouble.

    Some of your comments above also lead me to believe you are not installing as Administrator. In my experience Sonic Studio versions from Asus need to be installed as Administrator, and lately I also had to authorize the shortcuts to always Run as Administrator for all users if I don't want nuisance errors and popups.
    Yeah, you're right. I reinstalled Sonic Suite from eSupport and Sonic Studio wasn't working. I figured it was the updated Realtek driver.
    For good measure I uninstalled Sonic Suite and even though it's older, I reinstalled the latest Asus provided Realtek driver for my specific model on the Support site.
    Then I installed Sonic Suite 2.0.14 from eSupport once more and now Sonic Studio works again. I don't want to go through this again, haha.

    I thought about maybe updating my Bios since there is a new one for my model, but..after all this who knows what might happen since I had clean installed W10.
    I'm not sure if the new Bios is necessary or not. I don't have any issues that I'm currently aware of anyway.

    The only issues I have so far concerning Asus drivers/programs now is Splendid. It doesn't properly install through the installation wizard in eSupport.
    Otherwise, no issues. Thanks, both you and jdfrench3 for the help. I really appreciate it. I'll probably make a thread about something sooner or later.
    If you guys have any recommendations to update anything else, let me know.

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Dimitrios1971 PC Specs
    Dimitrios1971 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GX700VO 1TB SSD + 64GB RAM
    MotherboardASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME ALPHA
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
    Memory (part number)F4-4000C18Q2-64TZR (3333MHz)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition
    MonitorROG Swift PG348Q Gaming
    Storage #13 x Samsung SSD NVMe 960 PRO 1TB Raid0
    Storage #24 x Samsung SSD NVMe 970 PRO 1TB Raid0
    CPU CoolerCOOLER MASTER MasterLiquid ML360 RGB TR4 Edition
    CaseROG Strix Helios
    Power SupplyASUS ROG THOR 1200P
    Keyboard ROG Strix Scope Deluxe & ROG Strix Scope TKL Deluxe
    Mouse 2 x ROG Chakram
    Headset ROG Throne Qi
    Mouse Pad ROG Balteus Qi RGB & ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers 2 x ROG Strix Go 2.4 & ROG Strix Fusion 700
    OS Win10_x64
    Network RouterFRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
    Accessory #1 BW-16D1H-U PRO
    Accessory #2 ROG STRIX ARION & Asustor AS6404T
    Accessory #3 2 x HYPER M.2 X16 GEN 4 CARD
    Dimitrios1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Reputation
    69
    Posts
    133

    Hi Kingswillz
    what drivers are you currently using?
    Question just because I also had to fight very hard to find my right drivers. I also asked the (MoKiChU) but he treated me a little unfriendly but that's not the issue here.
    So to your problem what used to be mine. Microsoft has accepted some changes to its system and asus has harried us as if it did not support properly.

    As a result, the audio driver version V6.0.1.7654 for my GX700VO from the https://www.asus.com/de/ROG-Republic...Desk_Download/ did not work properly like for you the V6.0.1.7831 and I started to express. Thank god i found it. Damn that .. the Nahimic !!
    So what you need is the driver V6.0.1.XXXX_FF03 with Nahimic. And that is the HDA Sonic Studio with V2 and not the UAD driver with Sonic Studio with V3

    I'm uploading V6.0.1.859_FF03 for you here


    This is how Sonic Suite 2.4.13 works

    Have fun with it.
    Please tell me if it worked

    PS: Incidentally, please direct your current audio driver with DDU tool and deactivate WiFi and LAN first so that the windows do not reinstall the old drivers from the database

    OLD


    NEW


  10. #10
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    23
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios1971 View Post
    Hi Kingswillz
    what drivers are you currently using?
    Question just because I also had to fight very hard to find my right drivers. I also asked the (MoKiChU) but he treated me a little unfriendly but that's not the issue here.
    So to your problem what used to be mine. Microsoft has accepted some changes to its system and asus has harried us as if it did not support properly.

    As a result, the audio driver version V6.0.1.7654 for my GX700VO from the https://www.asus.com/de/ROG-Republic...Desk_Download/ did not work properly like for you the V6.0.1.7831 and I started to express. Thank god i found it. Damn that .. the Nahimic !!
    So what you need is the driver V6.0.1.XXXX_FF03 with Nahimic. And that is the HDA Sonic Studio with V2 and not the UAD driver with Sonic Studio with V3

    I'm uploading V6.0.1.859_FF03 for you here


    This is how Sonic Suite 2.4.13 works

    Have fun with it.
    Please tell me if it worked

    PS: Incidentally, please direct your current audio driver with DDU tool and deactivate WiFi and LAN first so that the windows do not reinstall the old drivers from the database
    Hi, my Realtek HD Audio driver is currently "6.0.1.7831" which is the latest provided by Asus for my model on their site.
    As for Sonic Studio, it's 2.0.14 since I reinstalled Asus Sonic Suite Plugins from the eSupport folder.
    I'm not sure what other specific drivers you're asking for, but mostly everything else is up to date with the Asus Support site.

    I will try your suggestion when I have enough time and will send another reply when I do this.
    But my question is, I only need to install the audio driver and sonic studio from the folder you uploaded, correct?
    I'm unfamiliar with Nahimic, do I have to install Nahimic from another source or is that already with the audio driver?

    What I have to do is turn Wifi off, go Safe Mode, uninstall the Realtek driver using DDU, install the "8591_FF03" one and then install SonicStudio?
    I noticed in DDU, there's also an Audio driver called "Soundblaster", I just leave that alone or uninstall too?

    Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •