Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G703 GXR i9 9980HK G-Sync option not showing - solved

TurkROG
Level 7
hi Dears

i got G703 with highest specs

but i was not able to see the G-Sync option while opening Nvidia Control Panel , it is enabled by default ? and how to show this option

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

jdfrench3
Level 12
Have you downloaded and installed the latest NVIDIA driver and Control Panel?

Driver: https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/441.87/441.87-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

GeForce Experience: https://us.download.nvidia.com/GFE/GFEClient/3.20.2.34/GeForce_Experience_v3.20.2.34.exe

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

TurkROG
Level 7
Hi

Yes , both are downloaded already , but the option is not showing at all 😞

Does your NVIDIA Control Panel show that you have a G-Sync Capable Display?
Homebuilt Windows Server

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Unfortunately, not real familiar with the G703GXR yet, but according to the ASUS global (Please switch to your region if necessary through the icon in the bottom left-hand corner) download site and my information, looks like it also supports intel graphics since the Intel vga driver is posted for this model and as a result supports Optimus technology as well.

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-G703/HelpDesk_Download/

My information also shows this model supports GPU switching, so something that may want to be looked into more.
Didn't see a physical switch in the G703GXR user manual, so suggest checking Armoury Crate for this function to see if that can help with the G-sync issue.

Take a look at your Device Manager. Do you have both NVIDIA and Intel Display Adapters?

Here's mine, I only have NVIDIA Display Adapter:
Homebuilt Windows Server

TurkROG
Level 7
hi ,

i tried most of solutions above but no results , and Finally i figured it out , what need to do is the only to open ( Aura ) , then going to home ( i letter on the left ) , then to activate( discrete graphics ) which is Optimus mode , it will ask to reboot and that's it 🙂

Hi there! I recently got the ASUS ROG G703GXR 1080p i9-9980HK RTX 2080 version laptop. Could you please guide me as to how to enable G-SYNC on this laptop? I am unable to find it through the Nvidia control panel and anywhere else. My current Nvidia driver version is 445.87. I also noticed that there is no Intel UHD graphics on board. When I try to install the intel graphics drivers, it says "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." I checked the device manager and it shows only the NVIDIA GeForc8 RTX 2020 under display adapters. Please help. Thank you!

TurkROG wrote:
hi ,

i tried most of solutions above but no results , and Finally i figured it out , what need to do is the only to open ( Aura ) , then going to home ( i letter on the left ) , then to activate( discrete graphics ) which is Optimus mode , it will ask to reboot and that's it 🙂

Seriously, I wish you were more competent at explaining it in detail as to how you did it.

Anyway, I have solved the issue too, and I will put it here in detail for everybody. Here goes:

If your ASUS ROG Laptop has Optimus Technology, that is it using both an Intel based graphics chip (like UHD 630 in my laptop) and Nvidia graphics chip/card (like RTX 2080 in my laptop) and therefore has the ability to switch graphics depending on the application you're using (see https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/optimus/technology), then you might be facing an issue in your Nvidia control panel where it shows no options regarding the enabling of G-Sync. In addition, the Nvidia control panel might only show the 3D settings tab and nothing else. Therefore, the following SIMPLE solution is for you, so that you can enable G-Sync on your laptop (REMEMBER: This is for those laptops whose display actually supports G-Sync).

Just go to the Armoury Crate app and click on the tab on the left of the app that looks like an "i", which will take you to home or main screen of the app where it shows your CPU stats, GPU stats, Memory Storage, DEVICE CONFIGURATION, and the ability to switch between the different power modes like Windows®, Silent, Balanced, Turbo, and Manual. If you are unable to see Turbo and Manual, that is because your laptop is running on battery and have not plugged your laptop adapter to a wall power outlet.

What is important to you right now is the DEVICE CONFIGURATION, under which it shows Win Key, ROG Key, GPU MODE, Touch Pad, Boot up Sound. If you cannot see the DEVICE CONFIGURATION tab or any of the other stats tabs, then that means they are hidden. In order to make them visible, go to the top right corner of the window where it shows two logos, the one on the left is 'Edit Tiles', go there and make the stat tabs visible.

Now, the main thing we have all been waiting to do! See the GPU MODE key under the DEVICE CONFIGURATION tab, click on that! A small window will pop up saying "A system reboot is required to switch to Discrete Graphics mode and enable G-SYNC. Reboot now?" There you go! Do it! After reboot, go to the Nvidia control panel, and you will see that all the settings that were missing are now available, including the option to enable G-SYNC! Congratulations, problem solved! This is because you have disabled Optimus, as G-Sync is only linked to your Nvidia graphics (and of course the capability of your laptop display too).

If you notice, we did not have any need to go to your system's Device Manager to disable your intel graphics, which others have suggested on other forums. That suggestion did nothing for me, instead it said your display is not attached to any graphics adapter. Laptops with Optimus technology behave differently and have different ways to fix an issue. To be honest, there is no issue with the laptop in the first place. It's just how it is. For the ASUS ROG laptop with Optimus technology, in order to switch to Discrete Graphics and enable G-SYNC, my suggestion is the way. Hope this clears up everything for everybody and solves your problem (although it is not a problem with your laptop but you just need to know how to change settings is all).