ROG Member Array

Bios won't see Sata Drives ( not detected )

UPDATED... OMG I have never seen such horrible support for a top tier flagship product anywhere. This is my First ASUS product and if this isn't solved soon it will be returned and it will be my last.
    This is a BASIC issue. Even the online chat support sent me instruction for the bios settings THAT DON'T EXIST in this MOBOS BIOS!

ROG Crosshair 8 Hero WIFI

I have a 1tb M.2 in the top slot for the C drive and I put 3 sata drives in the Hot swap bays. These drives were used in the machine I am replacing for archive of music and videos/software ect. they were also in that machines hotswap bay. Connected the power and sata and nothing shows up either in Windows or The Bios. I can't find anything about it on the net so I came here.
    Take them out and attach them via USB and they show up just fine. Is this thing DOA????
    Last edited by AGeek; 01-24-2020 at 02:49 AM.

New ROGer Array

Did you use the EZ Tuning wizard in the Bios to overclock the board? Reset the Bios and startup hitting F2 to see if the SSD's are present. I had the same issue and it turned out to be something with the EZ tuning Wizard kicking out the SSD.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...EZ-Tune-Wizard
    Last edited by 2pfspiff; 01-25-2020 at 08:19 PM.

New ROGer Array

Got the exact same problem on a Crosshair Impact motherboard.
    Couldn't find my new sata drive in bios. Loaded default bios values (without EZ tuning) and the drive was magically there.