ROG Member Array

ROG Crossfire 8 Hero WIFI SATA Nightmare! ( Not Detected )

OMG I have never seen such horrible support for a top tier flagship product anywhere. This is my First ASUS product and if this isn't solved soon it will be returned and it will be my last.

This is a BASIC issue. Even the online chat support sent me instructions for the bios settings THAT DON'T EXIST in this MOBOS BIOS!

I have a 1tb M.2 in the top slot for the C drive and I put 3 sata drives in the Hot swap bays. These drives were used in the machine I am replacing for archive of music and videos/software ect. they were also in that machines hotswap bay. Connected the power and sata and nothing shows up either in Windows or The Bios. I can't find anything about it on the net so I came here.
    Take them out and attach them via USB and they show up just fine. Is this thing DOA????

I look now to the community for help. Apparently ASUS launches products that 10 Don't work and 2) don't train their people on them so they can help people who buy their flagship products.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array AlexB121 PC Specs
    AlexB121 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus Rog G501
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X 3.5GHz 16 Core 32 Threads Max Boost Clock Up to 4.7GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 4 x 8GB DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce® GTX 1080 TI
    MonitorASUS MG28UQ Gaming Monitor x2 + ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q + Asus VG278Q 27"
    Storage #1Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2
    Storage #2Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2
    CPU CoolerEKWater EK-KIT X360
    CasePhanteks ENTHOO EVOLV ATX GLASS
    Power SupplyASUS ROG Thor 850 80+ Platinum 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K95 RGB
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset ASUS Strix 7.1 Superior True 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset & ASUS Strix 7.1 Superior True 7.1 Wireless
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Republic of Gamers Design 001
    Headset/Speakers Asus ROG Strix 7.1 + Asus ROG Strix 7.1 Wireless
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000+ Verizon/Fios Home Router G3100

Before u TALK Trash why dont u make usre that ur settings are correct and ur sata ports are not disable....Specially if ur using a m.2 PCIE 4.0 it will disable some of ur sata ports......If u dont kno what ur doing before u talk trash return the board and go buy different brand....

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by AlexB121 View Post
    Before u TALK Trash why dont u make usre that ur settings are correct and ur sata ports are not disable....Specially if ur using a m.2 PCIE 4.0 it will disable some of ur sata ports......If u dont kno what ur doing before u talk trash return the board and go buy different brand....
    Before YOU prove yourself to be a silly FANBOI make sure YOU are not talking trash to a 20 year costume PC builder that has forgotten more that you will ever know about this subject eh?? Also learn to SPELL?? You may not look so silly when you rant Blindly.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array davemon50 PC Specs
    davemon50 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY-DH72 (17") and Asus G752VT-DH74 (17")
    MotherboardAsus ROG LGA2011-v3 Rampage V Edition 10, x99 EATX
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6950X Extreme 10-core 25MB Cache 3.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR4 DRAM 64GB-4x16 3333 (CMK64GX4M4B3333C16R)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Graphics Card #2Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi Audio DAC
    Monitor(2) Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-inch monitors
    Storage #1(4) SSD's - Samsung 960 & 970 1TB M.2, Intel 535 480G, Intel 510 250G
    Storage #2(3) HDD's - Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5-in SATA III 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H80
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D Black, ATX, Mid Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair Digital AXi-Series AX1200i (1200W) 80+ Platinum Rating
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse Logitech Wireless MX Anywhere 2
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Some things to verify:

Did you set RAID instead of AHCI?
    Are the SATA ports set as enabled or not? You never said amongst the rant.
    What instructions was Asus giving you that make no sense to you? You never said that either.
    Are any of your SATA ports disabled as a result of other components (e.g. M.2)? What does your manual say about that. This is common.
    Do you have hot swap enabled, or no? It is a choice with mine, I assume you also have a choice in BIOS.
    What in the world is a "costume PC builder"? Do you dress up your PC's in strange clothing?
    Davemon50