cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing resolution on g73 xa1

Retired
Not applicable
Hi I just got this laptop 5 days ago and was wondering how to change the resolution lower than the native res. with out having the black bars on the side. Same thing when I play my games, I have to set it on widescreen mode to get the blackbars out the side. I want to play on lower resolution with out the black bars. Please help im a noob. Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

IM0001
Level 8
I would try 1600X900 as that is the next 16:9 native resolution.

Chastity
Level 10
You can adjust the scaling options once you lowered the resolution in the Panel Properties
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
Hi Chastity, I went to nvidia control panel, changed the resolution to 1600x1024 and tried to switch to "use nvidia scaling" under adjust desktop size and position. It always go back to "use nvidia scaling with fixed-aspect ratio". While on this resolution I get that black vertical bars on the side. Im not sure if I'm doing it right. Please advise.

Retired
Not applicable
IM0001 the next option I have is 1600x1024 not 900. I don't have that option to change to 1600x900

Chastity
Level 10
If you want to stretch it out, you should use a 16:9 aspect ratio resolution, such as 1600x900. This way when you stretch it out, it won't look too funny, and no bars.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
Chastity I don't have the option to change it to 1600x900, only 1600x1024. My main thing is that when I play games on steam I have to change it to widescreen to remove the black bars. But I'm wondering if while in widescreen mode that I can lower it to 800x600. I know I can get that if I put it to normal mode but I would also get those black vertical borders.