cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504GM (Strix Hero 2) RIGHT FAN NOT SPINNING

valtrix1
Level 7
Hey, friends!
I love my laptop, but today I just noticed that the right fan stopped spinning after trying out a game, which throttled within minutes since my laptop was overheating and noticed no air coming out of the vents on the right side. My left fan always had a small noise which was no issue, but the right fan has never had any problems until today. I have no idea what it could be, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

I've tried updating the BIOS and that's about it, I'm going to look a bit deeper into this. I think it may be more of a software problem rather than hardware.
I'm not completely computer savvy, so lame man's terms or any info would be appreciated, thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

PowerPein
Level 7
valtrix1 wrote:
Hey, friends!
I love my laptop, but today I just noticed that the right fan stopped spinning after trying out a game, which throttled within minutes since my laptop was overheating and noticed no air coming out of the vents on the right side. My left fan always had a small noise which was no issue, but the right fan has never had any problems until today. I have no idea what it could be, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

I've tried updating the BIOS and that's about it, I'm going to look a bit deeper into this. I think it may be more of a software problem rather than hardware.
I'm not completely computer savvy, so lame man's terms or any info would be appreciated, thanks!

There are several reasons for the shutdown: the fan blade is clogged with dust and stopped; the fan connector has slipped out (unfortunately this is easy on a notebook); the fan circuit has terminated its service. You can buy compressed air at a store. You should try to blow the dust out if you can.
Usually, you over-drive the fan in case of software failure.

I also have this issue, especially when playing CSGO. My main problem is that I'm having frame drops. My GPU clock speed is dropping to 100~400 MHz and that's causing serious frame drop when I am in a battle. To solve your problem, restart your laptop. On each windows update, my laptop got worse

desertboi69 wrote:
I also have this issue, especially when playing CSGO. My main problem is that I'm having frame drops. My GPU clock speed is dropping to 100~400 MHz and that's causing serious frame drop when I am in a battle. To solve your problem, restart your laptop. On each windows update, my laptop got worse

Probe reinstall windows on Enterprise version. This version better working on me and chek thermal past quality. Probe fan mode select in game used to "overboost". Aida64 can be used stability test. Hard stressed CPU, GPU and cheking thermal status. Running maybe 1 minute and stopping the test. Look temperature change.