cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AX11000 firmware .7979 is awful - DO NOT UPDATE

Sprayingmango
Level 10
My router has been ROCK solid until this update. Router loses connection every few minutes now, have to reboot the router several times just to maintain connection for devices. This is an awful update. I was ready to buy 2 more of these routers for AiMesh in my new house but I will not do that now. Please can someone advise what to do?
25 REPLIES 25

ronspitzer
Level 8
I had similar issues with this release. Go back to 6436 firmware and it should start working again.

ronspitzer wrote:
I had similar issues with this release. Go back to 6436 firmware and it should start working again.

I also had issue with range extender not staying connected even after a reset of it. I go back to 6436 everything is perfect. I noticed in wireless setting 2 new settings. Tried enable and disable agile?? and the other one under and still worked the same way. Started to give up on this Asus router.

mrugs1 wrote:
I also had issue with range extender not staying connected even after a reset of it. I go back to 6436 everything is perfect. I noticed in wireless setting 2 new settings. Tried enable and disable agile?? and the other one under and still worked the same way. Started to give up on this Asus router.

Sorry what are the new setting you are mentioning. Thank you.

ahfoo wrote:
Sorry what are the new setting you are mentioning. Thank you.

Probably referring to OFDMA and Agile settings.

Hi, Sorry I am a little confused about this 160 MHz channel. Does it really an important to get it connect to to latest AX compliance device such as Iphone 11 or Samsung latest series S10 and Note 10. Or it will really improve the connectivity speed in RX and TX. Sorry, I am to learn which it quite aliens to me. Thank you.

sonystyle44 wrote:
Probably referring to OFDMA and Agile settings.

Thank you. Being long lost touch with technology .

AlexB121
Level 7
Updated 2 days ago and no issues

Same here, no issue so far except a very minor one :
In the "Network Map" view, on the "Client Status" pannel on the right-end side of the screen, some of my clients are reported as having 2 clients connecting to the router (like if they were geteway for other deivces) although I know for sure they don't.

ronspitzer
Level 8
Interesting that some have it working and others do not. Mine would not stay functional for more than an hour. DHCP would stop and from there it just went downhill until I rebooted. I am going to try saving the config, updating, reset router to factory settings and then restore the settings. Will post the results.