Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G Pro Lightspeed
    Headset No...just no. Sennheiser HD650s w/ Schitt Stack
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    Headset/Speakers Denon 7.2 Atmos w/ Polk Signature Series
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterAsus Rog Rapture GT-5300

AX11000 firmware .7979 is awful - DO NOT UPDATE

My router has been ROCK solid until this update. Router loses connection every few minutes now, have to reboot the router several times just to maintain connection for devices. This is an awful update. I was ready to buy 2 more of these routers for AiMesh in my new house but I will not do that now. Please can someone advise what to do?

ROG Enthusiast Array

I had similar issues with this release. Go back to 6436 firmware and it should start working again.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array AlexB121 PC Specs
    AlexB121 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus Rog G501
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X 3.5GHz 16 Core 32 Threads Max Boost Clock Up to 4.7GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 4 x 8GB DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce® GTX 1080 TI
    MonitorASUS MG28UQ Gaming Monitor x2 + ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q + Asus VG278Q 27"
    Storage #1Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2
    Storage #2Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2
    CPU CoolerEKWater EK-KIT X360
    CasePhanteks ENTHOO EVOLV ATX GLASS
    Power SupplyASUS ROG Thor 850 80+ Platinum 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K95 RGB
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset ASUS Strix 7.1 Superior True 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset & ASUS Strix 7.1 Superior True 7.1 Wireless
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Republic of Gamers Design 001
    Headset/Speakers Asus ROG Strix 7.1 + Asus ROG Strix 7.1 Wireless
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000+ Verizon/Fios Home Router G3100

Updated 2 days ago and no issues

New ROGer Array

Same here, no issue so far except a very minor one :
    In the "Network Map" view, on the "Client Status" pannel on the right-end side of the screen, some of my clients are reported as having 2 clients connecting to the router (like if they were geteway for other deivces) although I know for sure they don't.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Interesting that some have it working and others do not. Mine would not stay functional for more than an hour. DHCP would stop and from there it just went downhill until I rebooted. I am going to try saving the config, updating, reset router to factory settings and then restore the settings. Will post the results.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Still no go for me. Installed new firmware, rebooted, reset to factory which rebooted. Reloaded config. Same result. It would only sort of work. Some of my devices could not even connect to the 2.4Ghz band. I could get the computers working by forcing a DNS server in their IP settings to point to something other than the router, that would get them going for a while but eventually they would stop working to the internet. I could access my local network OK but no internet. My smart honeywell thermostat and a couple of my older Trendnet IP cameras would not even connect. As soon as I went back to the 6436 firmware they all immediately worked again.
    Last edited by ronspitzer; 01-24-2020 at 09:27 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Sprayingmango PC Specs
    Sprayingmango PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Late 2017 MacBook Pro 15"
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme X299
    Processori9 7900X
    Memory (part number)G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
    MonitorTriple Asus PG27UQ G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo 1TB NVME
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Pro RGB
    CaseCorsair 1000D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G Pro Lightspeed
    Headset No...just no. Sennheiser HD650s w/ Schitt Stack
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    Headset/Speakers Denon 7.2 Atmos w/ Polk Signature Series
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterAsus Rog Rapture GT-5300

Quote Originally Posted by ronspitzer View Post
    Still no go for me. Installed new firmware, rebooted, reset to factory which rebooted. Reloaded config. Same result. It would only sort of work. Some of my devices could not even connect to the 2.4Ghz band. I could get the computers working by forcing a DNS server in their IP settings to point to something other than the router, that would get them going for a while but eventually they would stop working to the internet. I could access my local network OK but no internet. My smart honeywell thermostat and a couple of my older Trendnet IP cameras would not even connect. As soon as I went back to the 6436 firmware they all immediately worked again.
    Aww man that really sucks. Based off your recomendation I reset mine to factory defaults and just set it up as a new router. So far everything is working fine for the past few hours. I don't run any special configs or anything, just optimize it for game traffic. So far so good. I have 33 devices connected, some on 2.4, some on 5 and some on 5-2.

New ROGer Array

Updated yesterday but had to rollback to the earlier firmware version. I'm using AiMesh setup with AX11000 and one AX92U node. When handing off between nodes while on 5G-1 (and on 5G-2) on my S10+, connection would drop from 300 Mbps to 1 Mbps for at least a minute and when the speed finally went back up, I was at only 25% of the speed. Once I went back to the earlier firmware, everything was back to normal using both 5G-1 and 5G-2 with no problems.

Of note, I have wired ethernet backhaul between router and node and have been using 5G-2 (not hidden) for over a month to keep the wifi6 speed when handing off between nodes and haven't had a problem with the 6436 firmware. I have 40+ devices on both the 5G-1 and 2.4G connections with only my phone on 5G-2.

New ROGer Array

I had wireless speed losses, but by setting the channel manually to 128 and then to 104 (44-64 on 5G-1 band), i.e. forcing the router to change channels and then returning to the channel selected at the beginning, it was like unlocked and now it works wonderfully (even if I set the automatic selection of the Wi-Fi channel).

New ROGer Array

To operate the 160 mhz band, you need to manually set the control channel (I checked with a network analyzer) .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast