cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading/ modding my G73Sw

Kosenator
Level 7
Hi there. I am new to the forums, I have built some PCs in my life but never upgraded a notebook before (except for the occasional RAM and/ or SSD/HDD upgrade).

I have recently experienced some trouble with my G73Sw (but it STILL won't die - AWESOME!), so I thought to make some changes to the system, with which I think I will need some help:

I wish to upgrade my G73Sw's GPU (GTX 460M) and, if possible, CPU (Sandy Bridge i7 2630QM). I am also looking at replacing the screen, since the monitor recently seems to have missed to ability to do HD and the white sometimes flicker, or even go yellow for a while. So I have a few questions:

1. I have seen posts of GPU upgrades working (650M and 770M, iirc), what I want to know is, what is the highest GPU that the PSU will be able to handle?
2. Is it possible to upgrade the CPU? (not holding my breath)
3. Will a WUXGA, QWXGA or UHD work with the PSU/ GPU?
4. I saw one of the forum members' G73 has 32GB RAM (I cannot remember what the exact model was). I have upgraded mine to 16GB (4x4GB), will my motherboard be able to handle 4x8GB SoDIMMs?

Thank you and have a wonderful day/ night/ evening/ morning (depending on wherever you are in the world at this moment).
0 REPLIES 0