cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AC5300 Beta Firmware 9.0.0.4.384.81551

Silicon_Rage
Level 8
Firmware 9.0.0.4.384.81551 Beta was released. This beta Firmware does not show up in ui so it requires a manual flash. I have the GT-AC5300 in AI mesh with a RT-AC68U and am too hesitant to try a beta Firmware. Has anybody tried this Firmware? If so, do you have any feedback?
4 REPLIES 4

Silicon_Rage
Level 8
If Asus is listening, it would be very much appreciated if you could update to a Beta Firmware through the ui. I know because it is a Beta Firmware that it might more complications for Asus, but with adequate warnings it should be allowed for the rest of us! If I were making requests it would also be superb if we could roll back Firmware through the automated ui update tool.

cyberlipe
Level 7
with the amount of issues past official firmware had on this device, I would be very wary of trying BETA firmware.
I would suggest waiting for official firmware AND wait for reports of courageous people trying it 1st...

Anyone tried downloading the file from the support page of the GT-AC5300. The Checksum failed for me and i can't even unzip the file...

I was able to download the beta firmware and manually updated my GT-AC5300.
Called tech support again for more tweekings, and still having problems with it..:mad: