cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced restart with normal typing

Skulljeep
Level 7
I have an ROG Strix Scar edition and I had an issue with the "G" and "T" keys force restarting the computer when pressed. This is my first ROG product and expected more, for not even owning the machine for a year yet, maybe 8 months tops. I brought it back to best buy because I paid for extended warranties. The were supposed to back up my drives and send it out for service. It is now an entire month later and still no repairs completed. I dont know what the hold up is or the expected experience, but so far I'm pretty angry with product quality and the reapairs process.

They even tried to bill me 2 times for data recovery which I didnt even send it in for. If you need the best buy repair order numbers I can provide that. Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

cl-Adrian
Level 8
Skulljeep wrote:
I have an ROG Strix Scar edition and I had an issue with the "G" and "T" keys force restarting the computer when pressed. This is my first ROG product and expected more, for not even owning the machine for a year yet, maybe 8 months tops. I brought it back to best buy because I paid for extended warranties. The were supposed to back up my drives and send it out for service. It is now an entire month later and still no repairs completed. I dont know what the hold up is or the expected experience, but so far I'm pretty angry with product quality and the reapairs process.

They even tried to bill me 2 times for data recovery which I didnt even send it in for. If you need the best buy repair order numbers I can provide that. Thanks.

My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. If you would allow, i would be more than glad to help provide resolution to this case. Please PM or email me with the below details so I can work with related personnel to get this straightened out.

Product S/N:
RMA #:
Address:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

Please reach me via email, my email is cl-adrian@asus.com.: