cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Z390-E Gaming. CPU draws 2(two) watts under load

proxyoxy89
Level 7
Hey, I have what I think is an odd issue - HWinfo displays a CPU Package Power of 2 watts. Does anyone have an idea of what could be to blame? I own an ASRock Extreme4 as well that does not exhibit this issue. Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/4VBn8h9.png
3 REPLIES 3

proxyoxy89
Level 7
I feel really bad bumping this thread - I apologize. But does anyone have any insight as to where this discrepancy could be originating from? My understanding is the motherboard is what will display how much power is being drawn from the CPU. All i'm asking is if I am incorrect in this assessment. Thanks.

I have the same MB. Could it be a SW fault? As AI Suite 3 for me shows power usage changing as I would expect. I've not run HW info in ages and have uninstalled. So if AI Suite for you is different and looks normal... then a SW bug!

Yeah, that's probably my fault for not exhausting every tool I've attempted to use.... Nothing will display a proper power usage from AI Suite, HWInFo, XTU, AIDA and more I'm probably just forgetting at this moment. I have exhausted every software based option, BIOS options (which would be weird), and essentially that is my all I options I can see that would affect it. My knowledge ends here on what else I could do.

Ah, oh well. The fact that you have the same mobo makes this more than likely an (unintentional) issue with my own. I posted here @ ASUS hoping someone had seen something like this before haha.

Thanks for responding though, =D

I actually forgot to mention this before but my CPU is apparently running at a whopping 0.0v in AiSuite and XTU, whereas HWinfo and cpuz can read it correctly. I have no idea what to make of it. =(