cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R4E Trying to RMA, Support giving me a headache

Chris123NT
Level 7
Hello, coming here hoping that maybe I can get some help from someone.

I have an advanced RMA ticket open to get my R4E replaced due to various issues, anyway they told me monday morning to give them 48 hours to check stock and e-mail me the cross ship form etc.. Well here we are wednesday and I called support and they said they still haven't received an e-mail from the warehouse verifying stock. Seriously how long does it take to find out if the warehouse has stock? Newegg has plenty so the ASUS warehouse HAS to have them.

Anyway, the guy tells me to wait another 48 hours, which to me is totally unacceptable, I thought a perk of the ROG support was that it was actually good. Can anyone help? Raja? Anyone?
15 REPLIES 15

Necrosan
Level 12
Chris123NT wrote:
Seriously how long does it take to find out if the warehouse has stock? Newegg has plenty so the ASUS warehouse HAS to have them.

Think about that statement for a second -
Just because Newegg has stock doesn't mean the official ASUS warehouse does.
Newegg doesn't ship from ASUS warehouse.
Totally different places.
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

chrsplmr
Level 18
Please, PM Mason@Asus and he may be able to get to the bottom of this.

Relax ... if there is one thing we know it is that Nothing happens as fast as
Anyone wishes it would, especially Asus. Please have some patience and let this work itself out.

As far as I am aware .. there is no 'official' Asus warehouse ... We wish.
A direct Asus outlet ?... hahahhaa .. newegg would fold.
The 'stock' is quite limited ... they repair... i could be wrong ... naaaaa.

The ROG support is the best in the world friend .. this is your first post to it.
Not sure what the original issue was, or why it was rma'd in the first place..
but when you get 'this' one back ...
We will be waiting to help..Most of us wont be happy til every last ROG on the
planet is OC'd to the Max..and now..especially yours..best of luck.

We appreciate the respect and patience you have shown ... c.

Mason
Level 10
Hi Chris,

Sorry that you're having to wait for this to get resolved. PM me with you case/RMA details and I'll check it out and make sure this gets pushed along.

DangerClose
Level 7
First world problem much? Be patient man.....give them a minute to breathe, you are not the only person RMAing something you know.
*Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 3930K - 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 - 2x Corsair Force GT 120GB SSDs - WD VelociRaptor 600GB Steam drive - 3x 7970 Tri-Fire !! - Corsair AX1200 PSU - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - H100 Cooler - Win7 x64 Ultimate :cool::cool::cool:

DangerClose wrote:
First world problem much? Be patient man.....give them a minute to breathe, you are not the only person RMAing something you know.

I'm sorry, but I don't care how busy people are. When I do business with my clients, and tell them they'll hear from me in 2 days, I make damn sure that's exactly what happens. When I stop doing that, that's when they become other people's clients.

If it's not possible for ASUS to respond within 48 hours, then they should stop telling people to expect a response in that time, or modify their procedures so it is possible. TBH, I'd have thought the person taking the call would have a computer sitting in front of them, and would be able to tell you instantly what the stock level in the warehouse was. In this day and age, waiting 96 hours to check warehouse stock level is absurd, and points to a serious flaw in the system.
Motherboard: RIVE (3602 bios)
CPU: Intel 3930K @4646MHz
OS Drive: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO (Raid 0)
Storage Drive: 2 X 1.5TB WD Caviar Black RAID 0, 2 X 3TB WD Caviar Red, Kingston V100 256GB SSD
Memory: 64GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX580 @795MHz - 1536MB GDDR5
PSU: OCZ ZX1250
Cooling: Phantek PH-TC14PE

Melting Point wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't care how busy people are. When I do business with my clients, and tell them they'll hear from me in 2 days, I make damn sure that's exactly what happens. When I stop doing that, that's when they become other people's clients.

If it's not possible for ASUS to respond within 48 hours, then they should stop telling people to expect a response in that time, or modify their procedures so it is possible. TBH, I'd have thought the person taking the call would have a computer sitting in front of them, and would be able to tell you instantly what the stock level in the warehouse was. In this day and age, waiting 96 hours to check warehouse stock level is absurd, and points to a serious flaw in the system.

Totally agree with you 100%
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers Mason for jumping in to help. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Area_66
Level 11
Ya Mason is a marketing +, This is a reason why peoples should buy ROG stuff, Asus ROG forum is the only place they can get manufacturer help. ( EVGA was not bad, but they loose the motherboard market ) as exemple MSI forum is own and run by end users, no official MSI presence and help at all

Ramsey77
Level 7
Chris123NT wrote:
Hello, coming here hoping that maybe I can get some help from someone.

I have an advanced RMA ticket open to get my R4E replaced due to various issues, anyway they told me monday morning to give them 48 hours to check stock and e-mail me the cross ship form etc.. Well here we are wednesday and I called support and they said they still haven't received an e-mail from the warehouse verifying stock. Seriously how long does it take to find out if the warehouse has stock? Newegg has plenty so the ASUS warehouse HAS to have them.

Anyway, the guy tells me to wait another 48 hours, which to me is totally unacceptable, I thought a perk of the ROG support was that it was actually good. Can anyone help? Raja? Anyone?

Going through the same exact process right now man. Calling back Friday afternoon to see if anything has changed. Keep us posted.

Melting Point wrote:
If it's not possible for ASUS to respond within 48 hours, then they should stop telling people to expect a response in that time.

^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^