cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AX11000, any QoS settings for Wifi LAN?

Gorille
Level 8
Hi all,

Looking and playing aroudn the QoS settings on my AX 11000, I'm under the impression that they only affect the internet connexion (a file transfer between 2 devices connect via Wifi doesn't even appear on the download/upload speed statistics of those devices, it looks only the internet traffic is reported...).
Is this the expected behaviour?
Is there any QoS configuration/setting I can use to give priorty/bandwidth to specific devices with regards to LAN Wifi tradffic (meaning not internet traffic)?

Thank you
5 REPLIES 5

ahfoo
Level 13
Gorille wrote:
Hi all,

Looking and playing aroudn the QoS settings on my AX 11000, I'm under the impression that they only affect the internet connexion (a file transfer between 2 devices connect via Wifi doesn't even appear on the download/upload speed statistics of those devices, it looks only the internet traffic is reported...).
Is this the expected behaviour?
Is there any QoS configuration/setting I can use to give priorty/bandwidth to specific devices with regards to LAN Wifi tradffic (meaning not internet traffic)?

Thank you

I am looking for too, but this router will not be able to provide you such.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Did Asus confirm this?
Also, are you aware of any consumer products that allows to set this types of Wifi LAN bandwidth/traffic priorities for specific devices or type of traffic?

I'm starting to get quite disapointed, on the paper the AX 11000 offer quite a lot of configuration settings but in the end, all the specific things I was after are not supported.
I was also disaapointed by the level of parental control configuration that is offered, even the browsing history can't be filtered out and registered properly, no way to block specific services at specific time of the day (it's basic "permanant" ON or OFF per device)...

Gorille wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Did Asus confirm this?
Also, are you aware of any consumer products that allows to set this types of Wifi LAN bandwidth/traffic priorities for specific devices or type of traffic?

I'm starting to get quite disapointed, on the paper the AX 11000 offer quite a lot of configuration settings but in the end, all the specific things I was after are not supported.
I was also disaapointed by the level of parental control configuration that is offered, even the browsing history can't be filtered out and registered properly, no way to block specific services at specific time of the day (it's basic "permanant" ON or OFF per device)...

That the different between consumer base router and commercial router. Setting perimeter for both set of router behavior very different. It like getting a normal switch for a 100/1GBs switch and a QNAP 10 GBs switch. You have to pay what you want. Not offending you, but that the fact. AX11000 meant for gamer and family usage. For better QoS perimeter setting, you need to look for others, Sorry that my 2 cents.

Appreciate that and not feeling offended whatsoever.

Frankly speaking I was not expecting getting a proper Parental control solution and basic QoS parameters to manage priorities on the LAN traffic would be too much to ask for a high end consumer product even if familly/gamer oriented...
Main reasin why I want to priorites my Wifi traffic is that the 2.4GHz band is quite busy with my neighbours and one of my Music streamer and Laptop are on this band and each time someone is downaloading a big file on the Laptop, my music stops...
I would not consider this as complex/specific enterprise problem that would need a proffessional solution but rather the kind of basic day to day issue you can have with your Wifi at home...

To come back to my question, any idea which product would allow such QoS on the LAN traffic? No consideration of price here, just so I can look around and check what are the alternatives.

Thank you

It appear to me that you need to look for some commercial /Business router such as the one my office was using. Cisco 800 Series Industrial Integrated Services Routers with add on wifi nodes also by CISCO. That all I can provide you now. I dont think I am right to discuss other brand of router here.