cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus hyper m.2 v2 extension on Asus x570

icemanjs
Level 7
Has anybody been able to get the Asus hyper m.2 x16 extension card to work on a Asus X570 hero motherboard? I am trying to use the card for storage and not in raid. I have it in pcie3 slot
3 REPLIES 3

Symbiot78
Level 7
did you find a solution to this?

I just got the Hyper M.2 X16 Gen 4 card working in an ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero motherboard with four Western Digital SN850 M.2 drives. I have two RAID 1 arrays and I am booting off of one of them. The Hyper M.2 card is installed in PCIe slot 1 and the slot is bifurcated x4x4x4x4. Unless I am mistaken, slot 3 on your motherboard is on the chipset and likely only supports 4 PCIe lanes. As a result, my guess is that you will see at most, 1 M.2 drive on the Hyper M.2 board installed in slot 3. You may need to move it to slots 1 or 2 if you want more drives installed in the expansion card. Check out this document: https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1037507/.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Yeah you need 4 lanes for each drive. I've run it on X8 but only two drives would populate. Its meant to go in an X16 with bifurcation although it will run in one without, just cant boot from it and X4 for each drive.