New ROGer Array

Z-370 E Ethernet Internet not working while WiFi does.

I have a year and a half old Z-370 E motherboard that a few months ago stopped allowing the internet to work over Ethernet/LAN. Data can still travel over Ethernet but no internet. I have to use Wifi as my primary connection, but it's not as reliable or fast particularly during uploads, and for work that's a problem.

It's not the router as other wired devices are working fine and I've swapped Ethernet ports and cables. After narrowing it down to the PC I went through troubleshooting help with Microsoft and after checking a lot of things, they concluded I'd have to re-install Windows... drastic! And not something you want to do in the middle of a project. But I did it on a new Hard drive, a complete clean install and the internet still didn't work over Ethernet. So I'm left to assume it's a motherboard issue. Have you heard of this happening? Could it be a setting in the BIOS?

New ROGer Array

Still no leads here... does anyone have any suggestions. It seems like I'm not the only one as there's another post about a similar issue on wifi.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...n-booth-resume

New ROGer Array

Does anyone have an suggestions at all?

New ROGer Array

z390 here and was working fine and all of a sudden poof only wifi now. Were all in the same boat and as usual no help at all from asus.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnoo View Post
    z390 here and was working fine and all of a sudden poof only wifi now. Were all in the same boat and as usual no help at all from asus.
    If it's still under warranty, RMA it.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

New ROGer Array

Thanks for the replies. Sorry I only just saw them. I'd given up on hearing back on this topic. But as an update...

I tried reseting the motherboard bios to see if that helped, and it didn't. So I bought a PCU-E Lan Network card and it worked immediately.

As a side note I just want to point out that I had already given up on the Blu-Tooth feature almost immediately as that kept losing it's connection with my keyboard. So I have a USB blu-tooth dongle for that. It looks like the built in connection features just aren't very reliable.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to replace the motherboard... that's a big job! So these add-ons will have to do. Thanks for the responses though. Hopefully this helps others with similar issues.