cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF X570 Gaming unstable using DOCP profile.

Superfly1611
Level 7
Hello,

I built a new PC a couple of weeks ago.
Important bits:

• Motherboard: TUF Gaming X570 Plus WI-FI
  • CPU: Ryzen 3900X
  • Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 @3600Mhz (2x16GB)

When I first got it up and running I noticed the memory was running much slower than expected (2133MHz).
I enabled the default D.O.C.P profile which boosted the clock speed up-to 3600MHz which has worked fine for almost 2 weeks.

Problem
Today I attempted to turn on the PC and it failed to post and the yellow QLED light was on.
After rebooting several times achieved nothing I checked the manual which suggested the light was a DIMM problem.

I have tried taking out the memory and replacing individually one at a time, no luck.
I then tried resetting the CMOS to defaults (via CLRTC).

This worked, the PC booted back up but (as would be expected) the memory was now running back at 2133MHz.

There are several QVLs listed for my motherboard:

My DIMMS (F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC) do appear in the first list and their DOCP profile does appear to mirror the recommended settings.
However they do not the second. Would this be the problem?
27 REPLIES 27

RedSector73
Level 12
check your using from the CPU, RAM slots 2 & 4 not 1 & 3.

Did you change bios recently - last 2 weeks or anything

RedSector73 wrote:
check your using from the CPU, RAM slots 2 & 4 not 1 & 3.

Yes, confirmed. Definitely using correct 2 & 4 (or A2 & B2) slots.

RedSector73 wrote:

Did you change bios recently - last 2 weeks or anything

I updated the bios the day I built the PC, haven't since.

Funny you mention that, I'm sat infront of DRAM calculator as we speak 🙂

Update: This appears to be a cold boot problem.

After much experimentation I have much to share.

1) I can reliably boot with stock timings *every* time.

2) If I go into UEFI and switch to DOCP it works perfectly until I shutdown the machine.

3) I can *restart* the machine as many times as I like but only when I shutdown does the problem occur.

4) When it does boot into DOCP mode it passes the benchmark and stability tests of:

• Memtest86
  • Cinibench
  • Ryzen DRAM Calculator

I also play videos games with it for hours at a time without a hint of a problem.

5) Booting from a shutdown fails to POST 90% of the time.

• Occasionally it boots as expected.
  • It seems the longer I leave it the more likely it is to fail

6) Disconnecting and reconnecting the power supply will cause the failure 100% of the time when configured for DOCP.

7) I've found some similar posts online that suggest I'm not alone but none of them have known solution.

I'm not really sure where to go from here. RMA?

I'm also having problems with XMP profiles on my ASUS PRIME X570-PRO - ASUS PRIME X570-PRO BOOT ISSUE WITH CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT XMP-3200 PROFILE

Also I see that write speed is ~2x times slower than it should be. So it seems that asus is having problems with BIOS on x570 MBs.

Sorry to hear you are struggling also.
I gotta agree the this X570 support just doesn't feel like it's there right now.
It has been super stable running stock timings but if I wanted to run @ 2133 I would have bought very different sticks.

I kinda regret the early adoption.

I am having the exact same issue with a new build I just completed. If I run the default system settings where nothing is overclocked, I do not have any issues.

If I overclock the RAM at all, and then shutdown the computer, it will not Post on restart. I have to shut it down and restart it again and it will Post in "safe mode".

Does anyone know why this occurs? is this an issue with the motherboard? or is something wrong on my end?

MinustheQ wrote:
I am having the exact same issue with a new build I just completed. If I run the default system settings where nothing is overclocked, I do not have any issues.

If I overclock the RAM at all, and then shutdown the computer, it will not Post on restart. I have to shut it down and restart it again and it will Post in "safe mode".

Does anyone know why this occurs? is this an issue with the motherboard? or is something wrong on my end?

Try upping the voltage it needs by .05v and see if it stabilizes
i had issues with memory where the DCOP was not correct it wanted 1.35v but when i raised it to 1.4v everything stabilized