Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot)

Quote Originally Posted by James48 View Post
    I would like to know if my motherboard, graphics card and components can still be improved ?

You could upgrade the whole shebang. You could also just upgrade the graphics card only. I have a nine year old rig and upgraded the gpu first from one mediocre to two 1070s in SLI. I then upgraded those cards to two 2080s in SLI. These changes made a huge difference incrementally. However, with the lastest GPU upgrade the system couldn't keep up, the reason being the system was bottlenecking at the CPU level. That the case, the next upgrade for this system is both a motherboard and CPU because it would be hard to find an old CPU that is an upgrade--the CPU in this case being the best you could get at the time the rig was built.

In your case, you could get a better CPU, but because 1151 is an older socket, you'd probably have trouble finding a new CPU, however your i7 cpu could be upgraded to a better one. That would probably mean finding a good used one with some kind of vendor guarantee.

In the end, if you really wanted to firmly upgrade you could go with a new motherboard, cpu and gpu. Your psu might also need an upgrade depending on your power requirements. In the above mentioned case of the nine year old rig, a new motherboard and cpu would be what is needed to deal with the bottleneck.

Hopefully this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2