Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith II Extreme stuck in standby state

IxelIxel
Level 7
EDIT: Fixed, no worries!

---

Hi all,
I'm hoping someone here can help me, beyond doing an RMA.

Today I was finishing the installation of my new system, now that I've got the threadripper processor, but for some odd reason it's just stuck in a standby state. Everything on the board lights up but it won't respond to either the power button on the motherboard or on the case. I've unplugged the header in case it was causing issues and still no luck. The motherboard's screen is just an animation, no error code indicated.

I've tried:
- Removing the GPU
- Removing any additional PCI-E devices
- Another PSU
- Removing all fan and temperature sensors
- Removing all storage devices
- BIOS Flashback to the latest available version of the BIOS (which was successful apparently)
- Switching from BIOS 1 to BIOS 2
- Double checking that both the 8-pin CPU power connectors are firmly in
- Double checking that the motherboard power connector is firmly in (well the motherboard lights up so must be)
- Switching around memory, and just trying one stick too (instead of eight)

Any suggestions, or any questions?

One other note, although the processor isn't released yet a shop I order from made a slight error I guess in selling me the 3990X, so I have the 3990X. One consideration I had is whether the motherboard won't come on because it doesn't support the 3990X at this time? If that was the case I'd still expect an error code to appear on the motherboard's screen at least. None of the Q-LED's light up either.
0 REPLIES 0