cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build - BSOD, Asus Formula V + FX-8150

Verse
Level 7
I recently got new PC parts and installed them (Will list them bellow) and reformatted windows (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) The parts I've installed are.

1) Corsair Memory Vengeance 16 Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1600 MHz 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9

2) AMD FX-8150 FX 8-Core Black Edition Processor (FD8150FRGUBOX)

3) ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Republic of Gamers Series Motherboard

I've gotten 3 BSOD's tonight, (While Gaming)

1st: http://i.imgur.com/0oWAL.png

2nd: http://i.imgur.com/6yBPK.png

3rd: http://i.imgur.com/eW9vB.png

Sorry if this is not the place to post questions/help threads, I was not sure, figured if any community could help me, would be the ones who use the same motherboard as me?.

Any Help/Advice is very much appreciated and thank you in advance.
CPU: AMD FX-8150 - MOBO: ASUS Formula V - RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 16GB - PSU: Antec HCG-900 - GPU: Nvidia GTX 275 <- Outdated 😞 - Case: Antec 1200
7 REPLIES 7

Area_66
Level 11
Look to me you may have a memory problem, try first to use it for few day with only 2 sticks in the red slot, to see if you still have the problem, you can also run a mem test, but my guest is that you will simply have to increase the voltage of the ram in the BIOS, it's why I suggest to try with 2 sticks ( 4 sticks draw more , so it'S why some time we increase the voltage)

The RAM's website " http://www.corsair.com/vengeance-16gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmz16gx3m4a1600c9.html " says 1.5V, that's what its currently at, would you still recommend increasing the voltage, and if so, to what?
CPU: AMD FX-8150 - MOBO: ASUS Formula V - RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 16GB - PSU: Antec HCG-900 - GPU: Nvidia GTX 275 <- Outdated 😞 - Case: Antec 1200

Just got 2 new BSOD's.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: Ntfs.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart
your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xfffff8a201acdc70, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff88001147626,
0x0000000000000005)

*** Ntfs.sys - Address 0xfffff880012ce6ff base at 0xfffff88001221000 DateStamp
0x4d79997b

and

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: ntoskrnl.exe

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart
your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xfffffa600fd891e8, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80002cf2908,
0x0000000000000007)

*** ntoskrnl.exe - Address 0xfffff80002cdcc40 base at 0xfffff80002c60000 DateStamp
0x4e02aaa3

I am pretty much at a loss, haven't really ever had to deal with these issues and I am unsure of what to do... Can anyone help?

chrsplmr
Level 18
Personally, i would try other memory first .. and it may sound strange .. but i would
make sure the network driver is up to date..

but as 66 points out .. its probably the memory... bsod are mostly from memory.c.

To update on the issue.

I burned MemTest to a CD and ran it, got over 5120 errors before the pass was even 50%, (Test 3 and Test 5) if that means anything. I then turned off PC, unplugged Power Cable, hit power button, fans blink for about a second, (I believe this is called a discharge?), put my little wristband on, grounded it, pulled out the 2 sticks in the black slots (Suggested by 66) and ran the test again with just 2 sticks (8GB instead of 16GB). Reran the test and 0 errors.

* Now the new question I am at is, are 1 of the 2 sticks I've removed bad, do I RMA them, if so, do I RMA all 4? just 2? or 1? if so how do I find out which one? or could it be another issue that he stated, with 4 sticks being under voltage'd.

Thank you both for the advice, it seems I am on the path to fixing these annoying issues thanks to you.

Edit: Added more to the new question.

chrsplmr
Level 18
well first let me suggest .. taking out the two that worked .. and try the other two ..
that should give you the yes or no you seek...

as to what to rma ... did you buy them as a 4piece or two sets ? or singles ???
if its a 4 ... then i think ... 4.

now if they come back good ... come back and we will go from there... awesome...Verse+ well done.c.

SORRY ... THE FORUM ISSUES ARE POSTING TO THE TOP MULTIPLE TIMES ..

chrsplmr
Level 18
well first let me suggest .. taking out the two that worked .. and try the other two ..
that should give you the yes or no you seek...

as to what to rma ... did you buy them as a 4piece or two sets ? or singles ???
if its a 4 ... then i think ... 4.

now if they come back good ... come back and we will go from there... awesome...Verse+ well done.c.