cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270h + i7 7700 oc

Bengabai
Level 8
I wanted to know if OC could be made for this processor?
I saw that on board Z170 there is a special bio for NON K processors
Does the Z270H also exist?
I feel there is a problem / problem with my computer.
Specification:
I7 7700 NON K
Z270H STRIX
32GB RAM 3200MHZ
AMD VII 16GB VRAM
PSU: 1000W COUGAR BRONZE
COLLER FOR CPU: CORSAIR H45
I feel blows for a second in games!
That means the CPU goes up to 80-90 percent and then gets stuck falling FPS and then the processor usage drops again.
Normal degrees range from 55-70C
I tried to do with the current BI raises a bit I managed to 4.1 LOCK in the game.
But in AFTERBURNER it shows me 4.0 and in HWMONITOR it shows 4.1 stuck.
103BLCK on 1.280V
Would appreciate help.
6 REPLIES 6

XYchromosone
Level 10
I believe you can only overclock a non k CPU by increasing BLCK, but you can not change multiplier. You might be able to change voltage to CPU but I am not sure, it has been a few years since I used a non k CPU so I forget. Maybe someone else can help you better regarding CPU voltage.

XYchromosone wrote:
I believe you can only overclock a non k CPU by increasing BLCK, but you can not change multiplier. You might be able to change voltage to CPU but I am not sure, it has been a few years since I used a non k CPU so I forget. Maybe someone else can help you better regarding CPU voltage.

Volt I can set it manually without problems.
But I want to OVERCLOCK him.
One of the problems I observed was the XMP 3200MHZ
It gives me a bios 1.350 but in winds I reach 1.45V it is too much to my taste.
Is there no good bios and hacking for NON K processors to OVERCLOCK?
To motherboard Z270H?
Thanks! 🙂

Bengabai wrote:
Volt I can set it manually without problems.
But I want to OVERCLOCK him.

As I said a non k CPU can only be OC by increasing the BLCK. The RAM can be OC either manually . Or by XMP, followed by tightening the Primary, Secondary and Tertiary timings including RAM voltage.

One of the problems I observed was the XMP 3200MHZ
It gives me a bios 1.350 but in winds I reach 1.45V it is too much to my taste.

I doubt that your RAM voltage set to 1.35v in BIOS is actually getting 1.45v continuously. If so then it might be a software error? If your RAM is continually using 1.45v then you might need to try 1.2v for vccio and vccsa in the BIOS. But I believe it's normal for voltage to reach 1.45v for short periods when the RAM is under heavy load and the RAM needs or wants more current.

Is there no good bios and hacking for NON K processors to OVERCLOCK?
To motherboard Z270H?
Thanks! 🙂

Not that I'm aware of. It is not a BIOS limitation, but a locked CPU multiplier limitation. I do not know of any hack or tool that can hack a CPU to unlock the multiplier.

XYchromosone wrote:
As I said a non k CPU can only be OC by increasing the BLCK. The RAM can be OC either manually . Or by XMP, followed by tightening the Primary, Secondary and Tertiary timings including RAM voltage.

I doubt that your RAM voltage set to 1.35v in BIOS is actually getting 1.45v continuously. If so then it might be a software error? If your RAM is continually using 1.45v then you might need to try 1.2v for vccio and vccsa in the BIOS. But I believe it's normal for voltage to reach 1.45v for short periods when the RAM is under heavy load and the RAM needs or wants more current.

Not that I'm aware of. It is not a BIOS limitation, but a locked CPU multiplier limitation. I do not know of any hack or tool that can hack a CPU to unlock the multiplier.

As you understand correctly, the memory gets fixed 1.5V or 1.45 on and off.
It does not come to life at 1.35 V as seen in bios.
I have also checked the software of ASUS itself and there is of course 1.5V
If I don't change the voltage to 1.345V it just crashes ...
Only if the bios set to 1.345V is it an excellent worker but! The software shows 1.328V
That is, the motherboard does what it wants! I have no control over him not understanding what the story in bios and what to do ..
So, I'm looking for normal bios and even good ones that did some editing (like they did for the 170 series that would be possible to make OC for NON K processors)
If you know of bios designed for the Z270H I would love to download a link and guide how to get down to older bios.
Thanks in advance!! 🙂

XYchromosone
Level 10
I can only suggest to join the win-raid forum and ask if anyone has a modded BIOS for your needs. You need to subscribe to the forum and make a request for a BIOS Mod at https://www.win-raid.com/f54-BIOS-Modding-Requests.html

Good luck

XYchromosone wrote:
I can only suggest to join the win-raid forum and ask if anyone has a modded BIOS for your needs. You need to subscribe to the forum and make a request for a BIOS Mod at https://www.win-raid.com/f54-BIOS-Modding-Requests.html

Good luck

What to do there? Ask if there is open / repaired BIOS for me?