Hybrid View

New ROGer Array

Question Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Super Dual OC EVO V2 - Weird fan noise? (Video included)

Is the fans supposed to sound like that at 1-20% fan speed? Or what is that sound even?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QerCA2YuNZc

This is brand new graphic card on my new pc build, which is otherwise super silent ~5-10db, but that irritating sound which comes from the graphic card is kinda ruining it.
    What to do?

New ROGer Array

Exclamation Fan noise

I think I'm having a similar issue. At around 0-15% one of the fans spins up and down ever 3 seconds or so. Fan should be fine, because it was replaced not very long ago. Anyone knows anything?

New ROGer Array

Weird Fan Noise also

I am getting a weird fan noise also at times in a cycle of around every 2 - 3 seconds. It only occurs during gaming and when I have exited and looked at GPU tweak the card temperature is either slightly under or over the 55 degrees. I am hoping it is just the fans cycling on/off when the default 55 degrees celsius initial threshold is reached. I might try adjusting the fan curve in GPU tweak to see what happens.
    I'll have to put in a support ticket to get some advice to determine if it is nothing to worry about and recommended settings to tweak.
    Last edited by JasonsDominion; 05-14-2020 at 03:53 AM.