cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus AX11000 with Asus RT-AC88U Mesh

ahfoo
Level 13
Hi all, I am new to the forums. Need some advice on my setup.

Router: Asus AX11000
Mesh: Asus Rt-AC88U

My Asus AX11000 router with the latest firmware .7979. I have a unit of Asus RT-AC88U given by friend as a gift two years back which I kept in store. Recently I though of having that to be my Air Mesh Node. I was successfully connected it to the AX11000 as a node. but keep having some strange behavior such as I only having only 230mbps for my 5GHz 2 at the max. The AC88U just right infront of me and I am getting this speed. The 5GHz 1 was getting constant 975mbps though. Lately I am getting some strang log from Asus AX11000 shown below. Hope some guru here can help me. Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8

Razer68
Level 10
Hii!! ahfoo
Have you checked the settings on QoS turn it off and restart the router.
First check the speed then you can turn on QoS again Check this first otherwise it is something with your settings in the router.
Greetings // R.T
Every gamer has suffered from small-screen videos

Razer68 wrote:
Hii!! ahfoo
Have you checked the settings on QoS turn it off and restart the router.
First check the speed then you can turn on QoS again Check this first otherwise it is something with your settings in the router.
Greetings // R.T

Thank you for your replied. The router QoS was never turn on the day I set up the router. The Mesh nodes (AC88U) 5GHz 2 just cannot exceed 235mbps. But, I have no issue with the AX11000 router 5GHz 2 over at my leaving room. The AX11000 and the AC88U are connected via Wired LAN.

Okay!!
Too bad I wasn't a big help to you.
Have you tried switching to other channels on the router !?

taz291819
You're right about that,
it is dual-band router 

Razer68 wrote:
taz291819
You're right about that,
it is dual-band router 

Sorry guys, forgive my stupidity. The AC88U is a dual band. I am not aware until I found out. Sorry for all the mistake. My sincere apologise and thank you guys for your input..

ahfoo wrote:
Sorry guys, forgive my stupidity. The AC88U is a dual band. I am not aware until I found out. Sorry for all the mistake. My sincere apologise and thank you guys for your input..

No problem!  

taz291819
Level 8
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the AC88U a dual-band router? You'll only have 1 2.4Ghz and 1 5Ghz band with it.

taz291819 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the AC88U a dual-band router? You'll only have 1 2.4Ghz and 1 5Ghz band with it.

Thank you and forgive my stupidity. RT-AC88U just a dual band.