cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII and Creative AE-9 Issues

Dicehunter
Level 10
Got my Crosshair VIII about 2 weeks ago, Everything works great, AE-9 works great too when just listening to music, Playing games etc... but the moment I start to use the XLR input, Or sometimes even an hour later, I get audio drop outs or audio just cuts off entirely etc... Now I know this is not strictly the fault of the AE-9 as I have tried it in an Intel Z390 build and there are no issues when using the XLR input, I did notice in the latest bios update you guys updated the CH8 to work better with the older STXII, Any chance you could work with Creative and do something about the AE-9's issues with the CH8 when using the XLR mic input ?

2 REPLIES 2

RedSector73
Level 12
I don't own a creative sound card but it might be this.

Soundcard: Sound Blaster Z
Creative Labs put out a notice on Reddit that they found 10-bit tag support was introduced and/or enabled by default in the AGESA 1.0.0.4 BIOS releases for multiple vendors, which caused just about all PCIe sound cards to stop working (and cause other problems with booting/PCIe bus use).

So the advice is to take this out of the system, then boot into your BIOS, navigate to Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options, then set PCIe Ten Bit Tag Support to Disabled, then drop soundcard back in the system.

Here's a screenshot from a BIOS screen:
https://imgur.com/r1AmEOn

This may not help, just thought it might be worth trying.

Dicehunter
Level 10
Tried thanks for the input though, The issue is with the XLR implementation Creative have, Either it's a driver issue or an incompatibility issue, I know the unit itself isn't faulty as I've talked to several people all with the same issue.