cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions & suggestions on new Z390 RGB build

StEvO
Level 7
So my build from 7 years ago decided to take a dump (H80 AIO started to leak) and I have started buying items for a new build. I mainly game FPS at 1440 and I have decided on a micro ATX build with some RGB touches this time around. I have already purchased the following items :
NZXT H400i
Samsung 970 EvoPlus 2TB m.2
Corsair Commando Pro
Corsair AX850 PSU (transfer for previous build)
RTX 2080 Ti FE (transfer from previous build)

Here are items that I plan to purchase to complete my build :
Asus ROG Maximus XI Gene
Intel 9900KS or KF (undecided)
Corsair H115i Pro RGB Platinum
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (2x16GB @ 3466MHz)
Corsair ML140 RGB x2 (top vent)
Corsair ML120 RGB x1 (rear vent)

I figured I would go Corsair iCUE for RGB because I have a Corsair RGB keyboard and mouse that way one program will control all the RGB. With that being stated I do have a few questions :

• Would the best fan orientation be to have the H115i up front with the 280mm radiator pulling air into the case and have two 140mm fans up top and one 120mm fan on the rear expel the incoming air? The GPU will also be pulling air from within the case as well so I am assuming this will all lead to a negative case air pressure?
  • Do these parts make sense as I want to future proof this *build in hopes of upgrading CPU and GPU every few years?*
2 REPLIES 2

XYchromosone
Level 10
I think your plan build is difficult to improve on. It seems more than sufficient for what you want to use it it, and it should be good for some years to come. Your choice for fans and AIO orientation seem fair, too. good luck PS go for the i9 9900KS, if you can.

XYchromosone wrote:
I think your plan build is difficult to improve on. It seems more than sufficient for what you want to use it it, and it should be good for some years to come. Your choice for fans and AIO orientation seem fair, too. good luck PS go for the i9 9900KS, if you can.

I originally was looking for a 9900KS but prices have sky rocketed. Siliconlottery.com with a CPU delid is going to cost me $800 plus shipping for one thats binned for 5.1GHz stable. I figured I could find a KF for about half that price and put the savings into a newer monitor. If you know any where else I can get a KS without paying that much please do PM me.