cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What motherboard

Kehvku
Level 7
*Hello
*I have a question I cant choose what motherboard to buy?
*Rog maximus xi code
*or
Rog maximus xi formula

*cpu is i9 9900k

*i know that formula has wattercooling but to i need to add wattercooling?*
3 REPLIES 3

OutSider420
Level 9
Get the Apex. The formula is overrated.

Retired
Not applicable
get the one with the design you like the best (looks)
most motherboard models perform about the same anyway ))

no you don't need to add watercooling to the Formula motherboard, its only an option

hdtvnut
Level 7
The Max 11 Apex is hard to find, probably only second-hand and a high price. However, it has two advantages for overclockers over the other Max 11 versions, which may not matter to you:

1. The VRM section has 16 devices in pairs to give 8 true power phases; other Max 11's have 10/5. When overclocking, this means lower VRM temperatures, since the power is divided up more ways.

2. The memory section has only two sockets, but they are connected with shorter, lower-loss paths, and the Apex is spec'd up to 4800 memory instead of 4400.

However, a disadvantage is that, unlike the other Max's, the Apex MB has no M2 sockets. M2 drives require the use of a DIMM_2 module, which mounts two, and has its own socket on, IIRC, all Max 11 boards. Apex 11's came with the module, but they are also on EB.

Z390: CPU 9900KS; MB Max 11 Apex; GPU Asus RTX2080ti OC11; mem Tridentz 2x8 4266 C19; cooling Optimus V2/EK XRES 100/D5/EK PE 360; Drive Sam EVO 970; PS Seasonic Titanium 850w