cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backlit keyboard won't work - G53SX-SZ061V

Flaskekork
Level 7
So I just bought an ASUS G53SX-SZ061V

It works fine, except: The Backlit feature (FN+F4) does not work. It does not even recognize the hotkeys. I reinstalled the ATK-Package to the latest version 1.0015, but that didn't change anything. It still won't recognize my commands.

What to do?
8 REPLIES 8

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

Is this a new issue that you have experienced lately or has it always been like that?

Also, does the backlit flash during bootup ?

EDIT: Since you have posted two threads about the same issue, I would go back to the retailer and exchange it for a new one within the retailers change period.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

ViskasDievo
Level 7
You've the same problem as mine :

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11567-Asus-G53S-Backlight-doesnt-work&p=81899#post81899

My keyboard backlit still not working , it even didn't turn on at startup. I haven't sent it to ASUS center yet.
I suspect the problem is in BIOS.

And we have the same version of notebook. It could be the culprit.

No light on start up, no nothing 😛

The thing is... I don't really care that much about the backlit light. Cause...

I bought it through internet, which means I have to ship it. Not too fond of that idea 😛

The reason I have to threads is that I didn't know where to post it.

That with the Bios... isn't that something you would be able to do by yourself?

Flaskekork wrote:
The reason I have to threads is that I didn't know where to post it.

You posted the first thread in the right section of this forum 🙂

Flaskekork wrote:
No light on start up, no nothing 😛

I have a suggestion that you can try out and that is to open up the KB and check after the golden label faceing up against the KB and not down to the MB. Link about how to disassembling G53JW. The pic 1-3 is the relevant ones, but if you're thinking of future disassemble your notebook with upgrading RAM or insert new SSD or HDD this is a good guide about how to do that 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Have you solved this issue mates?

Well, atm am I looking for someone that is able to upgrade th BIOS without screwing up my system:p

Except that I love the computer, amazing FPS, and amazing gaming-ability. I Don't regret buying this computer! At ALL!

dstrakele
Level 14
The best chance for BIOS flashing success is to use the EasyFlash utility in your current BIOS with the BIOS file stored on a flash drive formatted to FAT32 placed in a USB 2.0 port. Brody crafted an illustrated guide for the G74SX: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11080-BrodyBoy-simple-but-effective-.pdf-guide.-on-quot-Upd...

Be sure to use the link ColonelS placed below "Thank you Brodyboy"
(This one --http://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6201&d=1329792574).
The other links to the .PDF file in that post no longer work.

To modify it for your model, replace the BIOS version referenced in the guide for the latest BIOS file for your model.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Hi, I've had the same problem after updating my BIOS. The light would lit up on boot but not in windows. I think I installed some new drivers as well at the same time. I've scathed my head and search everywhere, but then (Today actually) I've look at the "F" keys, and remembered the "Fn" + F3 anf F4 could dim and Strengthen the keyboard lights. i know it dumb and you've properly already tried it but this fixed it for me after the updates.

Hope you figure it out 🙂

Cheers :cool: