cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VM (6th gen) shuts down when overheated / repasting thermal paste

Cybernak
Level 7
Hey Guys,

Recently, I've gone back to gaming on my GL502VM laptop and within an hour or so, the laptop shutdowns on its own. I'm quite sure this is due to a heat problem since it doesn't happen when I have the aircon on with a fan directly blowing at the laptop.

So... I'm considering to reapply the stock thermal paste for the CPU, GPU and apply thermal pads for the VRMs. I plan on using the Thermal Grizzly CONDUCTONAUT, and probably their thermal pads (MINUS PAD 8). Since the thermal pads are so expensive, I would like to ask if anyone knows how much of it and the thickness that's required of the pads.

Thanks in advance!!
1 REPLY 1

SudinSuresh
Level 7
Cybernak wrote:
Hey Guys,

Recently, I've gone back to gaming on my GL502VM laptop and within an hour or so, the laptop shutdowns on its own. I'm quite sure this is due to a heat problem since it doesn't happen when I have the aircon on with a fan directly blowing at the laptop.

So... I'm considering to reapply the stock thermal paste for the CPU, GPU and apply thermal pads for the VRMs. I plan on using the Thermal Grizzly CONDUCTONAUT, and probably their thermal pads (MINUS PAD 8). Since the thermal pads are so expensive, I would like to ask if anyone knows how much of it and the thickness that's required of the pads.

Thanks in advance!!

Well to start off the thermal paste you mentioned is great and i have better thermals with arctic m4 and the solution is :
1) use xtu to undervolt -120 mv ( may vary for you model try around these values 120 to 135)
2) use high powered laptop cooling pad
3) and i personally use vaccum cooler
4) and always use the lap with cpu max processor state 80 or 70 tops
I am getting better thermals and constant fps with these settings.
temps are around 80-85 tops under load
tested with red dead redemption 2 , witcher 3 , gta 5 , and so on . and these are modern demanding games period
contact +91 9846256790 for further details