cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Aura & Corsair ICUE in Windows 10 - how to do it? Guide.

Zbigniew
Level 9
Everyone complains about problems - total success for me.
(Asus Encore + G. Skill TridentZ RGB + Asus Strix 1070ti Advanced + Asus SpotLight = ASUS AURA ecosystem)
(Corsair K95 Platinum + Corsair Dark Core + 2x Commander Pro + 2x Node Pro + 9x ML120 RGB + 16x Led Strips Corsair = Corsair ICUE ecosytem)
Enough?😉
I will describe how to connect:
In the bios settings: Armory Crate -> off
(Armoury Crate active in the motherboard bios before installing Windows installs in the background and then causes conflicts and ICUE operation errors.)
• Clean installation of Windows 10
• Installation of Asus Aura ver.1.07.79 (19/12/2019)
• Starting and configuring Asus Aura.
At this moment, the AURA ecosystem begins to work.
• Restart PC
• ICUE installation ver.3.24.52 (12.01.2020)
Before starting ICUE, disable Windows service:
Control Panel / Administration Tools / Services / Corsair Gaming Audio Configuration Service - disable (Not automatic and not manual. The service refers to a file that does not exist in the system and causes conflicts. This applies to all versions of Corsair ICUE released to date) (I do not exclude that if you have Corsair RGB headphones, this service will work properly in your system. I can't confirm or deny it - I don't have headphones)
• Restart PC
• Starting and configuring Corsair ICUE.
At this moment, the ICUE ecosystem begins to work.
You can use absolutely all functions of both programs. There are no conflicts.
Installed thanks to a bios query, Armoury Crate will spill all and nothing works properly, there may even be freezing, blue screens and spontaneous Windows resets. Until it is, as Asus and Corsair promise, - a joint final software that supports all effects - this is the only solution.
You have proof that it works correctly in the form of my movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD5bqPo_sic
(Turn on subtitles) Nothing to complain about.
I think it will help to solve the problems.
English is not my native language, sorry. 😄
(It also worked without problems on my previous Apex and Omega motherboards.)
If someone tries it on other platforms - please share your comments.
Blessed are those who have not seen ... And now they see.
6 REPLIES 6

Zbigniew
Level 9
Update 08.02.2020.
Asus AURA @ Corsair ICUE (Software cooperation)
These are the first specific permanent effects of Corsair @ Asus's collaboration on the release of common RGB software.
The latest version of Corsair ICUE 3.25.60 from 06/02/2020 includes a permanently installed plug-in for handling Asus motherboards.
The plug-in permanently introduced in the latest version of ICUE works fine for me, I checked it on my Asus Encore motherboard.
No errors. Correct support of all motherboard RGB functions. Asus RGB lighting supports all Corsair lighting modes.
At the moment, users confirm the cooperation of ICUE software with motherboards of the series:
Intel Z390 ROG Maximus XI
Intel Z390 Strix Gaming
Intel Z390 Prime
Intel Z390 TUF
Intel Z370 Maximus X
Intel Z370 Strix
Intel Z370 Prime
Intel Z370 TUF
Intel H370 TUF
Intel H370 Strix
Intel B360 TUF
AMD Zenith II Extreme TRX40
ASUS Crosshair VIII
Prime X570-Pro
ASUS Rampage V Edition 10
X99-Deluxe
Strix X570
Intel X299 WS SAGE, Extreme, Apex, Omega, Encore
(It is not excluded that other models also work, the list of supported motherboards is still confirmed by users.)
Only applies to "ASUS" motherboards! Other branded motherboards, RAM and GPUs are not supported.
My RAM G.Skill works well on Asus Armory Crate or Aura synchronization. You need to start with the one you use and set the color of the RAM in this application to match it to ICUE or set it to whatever you want. These are a few extra steps, but they still work well. As confirmation, I attach the pictures below:
@
I wish you successful updates 😉
Blessed are those who have not seen ... And now they see.

Well Props for this great Guide.

I myself have only Asus Aura Products (Case, Ram, MB, Graphics card, AMD RGB Cooler) and i really want to upgrade my Case Fans to the Corsair ones since they are one of the best but to be honest this way is to much work and inconvenience for me.

I already reinstalled my Windows because my Armoury Crate and Fan Xpert broke.

I really hope that Asus and Corsair work an easier way to merge both RGB Softwares but since ASUS just SUCKS at making Software this dream isnt very realistic.

Stedmister
Level 7
I reinstalled i cue, did an uninstall of aura, installed aura, installed plugin and now it shows up

Stedmister wrote:
I reinstalled i cue, did an uninstall of aura, installed aura, installed plugin and now it shows up

Any advice on how to install Aura Sync with iCUE and GSkill lighting control?

2loki4u
Level 7
Zbigniew wrote:
Everyone complains about problems - total success for me.
(Asus Encore + G. Skill TridentZ RGB + Asus Strix 1070ti Advanced + Asus SpotLight = ASUS AURA ecosystem)
(Corsair K95 Platinum + Corsair Dark Core + 2x Commander Pro + 2x Node Pro + 9x ML120 RGB + 16x Led Strips Corsair = Corsair ICUE ecosytem)
Enough?😉
I will describe how to connect:
In the bios settings: Armory Crate -> off
(Armoury Crate active in the motherboard bios before installing Windows installs in the background and then causes conflicts and ICUE operation errors.)
• Clean installation of Windows 10
• Installation of Asus Aura ver.1.07.79 (19/12/2019)
• Starting and configuring Asus Aura.
At this moment, the AURA ecosystem begins to work.
• Restart PC
• ICUE installation ver.3.24.52 (12.01.2020)
Before starting ICUE, disable Windows service:
Control Panel / Administration Tools / Services / Corsair Gaming Audio Configuration Service - disable (Not automatic and not manual. The service refers to a file that does not exist in the system and causes conflicts. This applies to all versions of Corsair ICUE released to date) (I do not exclude that if you have Corsair RGB headphones, this service will work properly in your system. I can't confirm or deny it - I don't have headphones)
• Restart PC
• Starting and configuring Corsair ICUE.
At this moment, the ICUE ecosystem begins to work.
You can use absolutely all functions of both programs. There are no conflicts.
Installed thanks to a bios query, Armoury Crate will spill all and nothing works properly, there may even be freezing, blue screens and spontaneous Windows resets. Until it is, as Asus and Corsair promise, - a joint final software that supports all effects - this is the only solution.
You have proof that it works correctly in the form of my movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD5bqPo_sic
(Turn on subtitles) Nothing to complain about.
I think it will help to solve the problems.
English is not my native language, sorry. 😄
(It also worked without problems on my previous Apex and Omega motherboards.)
If someone tries it on other platforms - please share your comments.

Ok, so for you or anyone else that can help -

I just bought a Corsair Ironclaw Wireless Mouse. Only drivers I can find for this mouse are embedded in the iCUE software bundle...

Now, my system contains the following components:
asus tuf x570 plus (wifi) mobo
led fans and lighting connected via 5v add-on header NOT 12v RGB HEADERS
Memory is G.Skill Trident RGB
GPU is a ROG 5700
Keyboard is a TUF Gaming k7

Everything worked great - controlled with custom aura-sync creater and using the armory crate to control my keyboard settings (macros / lighting effects / modes, etc...)

I like ALL the controls in the Armory Crate for my ASUS mobo - - they are VERY useful...

After installing iCUE to control and configure my new mouse - NOTHING works right...

The iCUE software "jams" Aura Sync

I tried their joke of a plug-in - but it doesn't allow control over my RAM or my Add-On Header Lighting

Their MoBo (iCUE) support for this board only controls the led's on the rear of the mobo and the color of the wraith prism cooler fan - NOTHING ELSE...

If I disable or remove Armory Crate - I can't use my keyboard

If I remove iCUE i can't use my New Mouse

I can ONLY control my gskill ram via Aura Sync...

iCUE is NOT as customizable as Aura Creater and Aura Sync

What the heck to i do??? This mouse is the first mouse I have really liked the feel of in a long time - features are great - i do NOT like the corsair mechanical keys on their keybaords - i settled on my TUF k7 because it offers linear optical switches which are nearly silent but offer the response of optical switches - AND it is wickedly programmable - (but requires the armory to do that)...

How do i make these two eco-systems co-exist if their "official support" isn't actually a reality????

Anyone?!?!?!?!
Add

2loki4u wrote:
Ok, so for you or anyone else that can help -

I just bought a Corsair Ironclaw Wireless Mouse. Only drivers I can find for this mouse are embedded in the iCUE software bundle...

Now, my system contains the following components:
asus tuf x570 plus (wifi) mobo
led fans and lighting connected via 5v add-on header NOT 12v RGB HEADERS
Memory is G.Skill Trident RGB
GPU is a ROG 5700
Keyboard is a TUF Gaming k7

Everything worked great - controlled with custom aura-sync creater and using the armory crate to control my keyboard settings (macros / lighting effects / modes, etc...)

I like ALL the controls in the Armory Crate for my ASUS mobo - - they are VERY useful...

After installing iCUE to control and configure my new mouse - NOTHING works right...

The iCUE software "jams" Aura Sync

I tried their joke of a plug-in - but it doesn't allow control over my RAM or my Add-On Header Lighting

Their MoBo (iCUE) support for this board only controls the led's on the rear of the mobo and the color of the wraith prism cooler fan - NOTHING ELSE...

If I disable or remove Armory Crate - I can't use my keyboard

If I remove iCUE i can't use my New Mouse

I can ONLY control my gskill ram via Aura Sync...

iCUE is NOT as customizable as Aura Creater and Aura Sync

What the heck to i do??? This mouse is the first mouse I have really liked the feel of in a long time - features are great - i do NOT like the corsair mechanical keys on their keybaords - i settled on my TUF k7 because it offers linear optical switches which are nearly silent but offer the response of optical switches - AND it is wickedly programmable - (but requires the armory to do that)...

How do i make these two eco-systems co-exist if their "official support" isn't actually a reality????

Anyone?!?!?!?!
Add

The thing that worked for me in uninstall both corsair and aura sync an aura related, then install icue first, followed by aura sync. I didn't have to reinstall windows what so ever. the driver is now built into icue, but doesn't hurt to install that before aura